The Perfect Blend:
Classroom-Proven Practices for Blended Learning
Benefits of Blended Learning
Flavors of Blended Learning
A Computer for Every Student
The Station Rotation Model
The Flipped Model
3 Ingredients forBlue-Ribbon Blending
1 - Active Online Classroom
Features of Online Classrooms
- Online space for students and teachers to save and share resources.
- Discussion areas that allow for sharing ideas and resources.
- Messages can be sent between teacher and students, sometimes between students.
- Quizzes and assignments can be given and often auto-graded.
- Teacher can leave annotations and/or verbal comments on assignments.
- Calendar/Schedule can coordinate assignments/quizzes, etc.
- Classes can be created by teacher or by admin.
- Students can be enrolled by admin or can join class with a code.
Learning Management Systems combine components in one tool.
Common Learning Management Systems used in our area:
Online Classroom Must Reflect and Extend the Face-to-Face Classroom
Be PRESENT in the online classroom.
If you share it in the face-to-face classroom, share it in the online classroom.
- Take pictures or use the TinyScan app to convert analog papers to digital.
- Have students take turns posting a picture of the whiteboard everyday.
Have students turn in work using the online platform - even paper and pencil work!
Use the online platform for discussions and reflections.
(Blended learning is not taking students to the lab once a week to do iStation.)
More Info about Learning Platforms
2 - Established Procedures
1 to 1 Procedures
- One to One Computing and Classroom Management
- Essential rules for effectively using iPads in classrooms
- Canyon ISD Policy
- Classroom Management in the BYOD Classroom
- Mansfield BYOD Packet
- BYOD Classroom Guidelines
- Tips for Managing Mobile Information Technology in the Classroom
- BYOD at West Hartford
Station Rotation Procedures
- Aspire Learning
Complete unit of lesson plans for preparing kids for Stations Page 20 – 68
How to Set Up Digital Workstations
- Polk PowerPointvRotations in the Secondary Classroom
- Introducing the Flipped Classroom the First Days of School
- Letters and procedures for Introducing the Flipped Class to Students and Parents
Online Discussion Procedures