PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Thursday, May 5, 2016
FROM THE FINANCE OFFICE
IMPORTANT! PSHS policy is that we will no longer accept checks after April 30th for this school year - beginning May 1st, ONLY CASH OR MONEY ORDERS for EXACT $$ will be accepted for all fines and/or missing textbooks and equipment. NOTE: Students not cleared will be on a "not clear" list until everything is turned in and/or paid for. Senior withdrawals will be pulled and seniors not cleared will need to do so before final transcripts are sent and their diplomas will be held until charges are cleared.
New online menu service-MealViewer
Food and Nutritional Services is pleased to announce MealViewer, a new on-line communication tool for menus and nutritional information to meet your campus needs. It comes as a web and APP version. Parents can retrieve menus and dietary information anywhere anytime.
Parents can follow the pisd web site links listed below to access the announcement. We have provided instructions on the web site to assist parents on how to retrieve menus/allergen/nutritional information. It is very easy to use.
FROM THE REGISTRAR
- FINAL CLASS RANK & GPA FOR SENIORS: Available in the Registrar’s Office beginning TODAY, May 5th. You MUST have a picture ID. DO NOT come during class time.
- HONOR GRADUATES: The list of Honor Graduates will be posted on the trophy case windows opposite the Registrar’s Office. To be eligible you must have a cumulative final GPA of 3.6 or above.
- HONOR STOLES: Qualifying seniors may sign for and pick up their Honor Stoles in the Registrar’s Office. Cost is $15 – CASH ONLY. Be sure to bring your ID.
- FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: We will now accept requests for final, graduated transcripts. ALL requests will be held for processing until after Graduation on June 9th. If you want a personal copy of your final transcript, please provide a self-addressed envelope along with your request. *We anticipate all paper/mailed transcripts will be processed by June 24th. Electronic transcripts will be processed as soon as possible after graduation.
- SUMMER HOURS: Summer hours begin the week of June 6th (Closed Thursday, June 9th for Graduation). Hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:30am – 4:30pm.
Attendance Reminders – It is vital for students to be in school. Please remember these state guidelines
- Notes must be turned in within three days for makeup work to be allowed. Unexcused absences could result in zeroes on assignments.
- Beyond 10 absences, students must turn in doctor’s notes.
- Three tardies in a class equals an absence.
- Chronic absences will result in an intervention plan that may include loss of open campus lunch, Saturday Schools, and mandatory tutorials.
- Continued absences can result in loss of credit for a course and truancy being filed.
- Students absent more than 10 consecutive days will be withdrawn.
Please work with your sub school principal to avoid these difficult situations. Most importantly, be in school!
Student Parking for 2nd Semester
Student Parking stickers will be prorated to $40 starting in January 2016.
See Mrs. Gilbert in the Gamma subschool office for parking forms.
Remember all students need to have a parking permit on their vehicle or they could be towed.
No parking in visitors, handicapped, striped areas or numbered spaces.
STUDENT AND SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
We always say, Win with class; lose with class. At public events, PLEASE represent PSHS with pride and respect for the hard work of all participants.
- Show respect for the National Anthem and those who've paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect this country and our freedom.
- Cheer FOR our team, not against the other. Our athletes have worked hard to be on the playing field. They deserve our POSITIVE SUPPORT.
- Treat the opposing team and their fans with respect. Positively acknowledge their efforts.
- Similarly, bring only signs that convey a positive message.
- Follow the directions of school officials, police officers.
- Respect the decisions of the officials. Ultimately, their say is final.
- Follow UIL rules, including no mechanical noisemakers such as air horns.
- If a player is injured, show respect, and remain quiet while he/she is being tended to.
- Represent your school and yourself with pride. Many children attend these events. Be good role models for them.
PSHS MUSIC CORPORATION – SING 2016!
The PSHS Choral Department proudly presents the award winning Music Corporation in SING 2016 on Fri. & Sat., May 6th & 7th at 7:30pm in the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Theatre, PSHS. Tickets are $10 online at www.pshschoir.com and $12 at the door. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!
PSHS COLOR GUARD AUDITIONS
Join the PSHS Color Guard! NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!! AUDITIONS are Sat., May 7th at 1pm in the PSHS Dance Room.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SENIOR REUNIONS
Graduating Seniors...you are invited to come reminisce with friends at your Elementary School Senior Reunion. Click here http://www.pisd.edu/news/archive/2015-16/senior.reunions.shtml for the list of schools and their respective details.
If you have signed up to take a Dual Enrollment Class next year AND you did not take one this yearyou must complete an application to Collin College before you can register for your classes.
PSHS SWIMMING & DIVING INFORMATIONAL MEETING
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
COLLIN COLLEGE OFFERS SUMMER CAMPS FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
There is a little something for everyone this summer at Collin College. Middle and high school students interested in nursing, robotics, music or dance have a lot of options on campus as summer camps heat up. Here is the schedule of the camps sponsored by Collin College:
Nurse Camp Monday-Wednesday, June 13-15
For students interested in getting an inside look at the nursing profession, Collin College is hosting its free Nurse Camp. Open to students between 8th -12th grades, participants will observe demonstrations and participate in simulations from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Central Park Campus, 2200 W. University Drive in McKinney. Space is limited. Call Beth Kasprisin, clinical coordinator of nursing, at 972.548.6605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
Summer Robotics Camp Tuesday-Thursday, June 21-23
From 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., participants will stimulate their minds and unleash creativity at the Summer Robotics Camp. Open to students between 7th - 10th grades, the camp will be held at the Spring Creek Campus Living Legends Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, in Plano. Cost is $89 and includes three lunches. This camp is sponsored by the Collin College Robotics Club and the Engineering Department. Call Gena Martin at 972.377.1501 or email email@example.com for more information.Collin Summer Dance
Festival Monday-Friday, July 11-15
The sixth annual Collin Summer Dance Festival features workshops in modern, ballet, jazz, pilates, musical theatre and hip-hop. Daily workshops are from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in the dance studio (room AA146) at the Spring Creek Campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, in Plano. Cost is $125. The Summer Dance Festival is for beginners or advanced dancers, 14 years old and up. Space is limited. Online registration is available at www.collin.edu/department/dance/summerdance.html Call Tiffanee Arnold, festival coordinator, at 972.881.5830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.All Girls
Summer Robotics Camp Tuesday-Thursday, July 19-21
From 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., girls get to design and build their own technological creation at the All Girls Summer Robotics Camp. Open to students between 7th - 10th grades, the camp will be held at the Preston Ridge Campus Conference Center, 9700 Wade Blvd in Frisco. Cost is $89 and includes three lunches. This camp is sponsored by the Collin College Robotics Club and the Engineering Department. Call Gena Martin at 972.377.1501 or email@example.com for more information.
Texas All-Star Jazz Camp Monday-Friday, July 18-22
The Texas All-Star Jazz Camp features a flurry of daily workshops and rehearsals as musicians learn the world of big band jazz. Camp faculty includes top jazz musicians from around the country, who have played with big names such as Maynard Ferguson, Doc Severinsen, the Metroplexity Big Band and Woody Herman. This year’s special guest is NYC jazz and rock trombonist - Tom "Bones" Malone. Students must be at least 13 years old with at least one year of study on their instrument. All events will be at the Spring Creek Campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway in Plano. Cost is $265 or $310 with lunch. For information and a PDF application, call Kris Berg, professor of jazz studies, at 972.881.5108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
On-line registration for High School Summer School is available Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtm
SENIOR LUNCH CELEBRATION
The Senior Lunch, catered by Macaroni Grill, is Friday, May 13th in the PSHS Gymnasium during both A/B Lunches for $5. Lunch includes: Spaghetti & Meat Sauce; Fettuccini Alfredo; Baked Ziti; Salad; Bread; Lemonade & Dessert. Entry to the luncheon will be by ticket ONLY.
Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.planoseniorptsa.org/ or during Both Lunches in the Cafeteria, Mon., May 2nd – Wed., May 11th. NO tickets will be sold at the door.
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT APPLEBEE’S
BOYS BASKETBALL - 3-ON-3 TOURNAMENT
Boys Basketball is hosting a 3-on-3 Tournament on Saturday, May 14th at 9am in the PSHS Gym. The cost is $20 per player. PLEASE NOTE: ONLY 1 JV or Varsity PSHS player per team. There will be a 3-game minimum in pool play and awards will be given to the Final 4 teams. For registration forms, contact a PSHS Basketball player, Coach Christian, Coach Jacobs or Coach Hodges. Registration Due by Friday, May 6th.
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT KENDRA SCOTT
You are invited to a KENDRA GIVES BACK PARTY…a fun shopping event with 20% of sales benefiting our Planoettes. Enjoy sips & sweets while you shop, Tuesday, May 17th from 5 – 8pm at Kendra Scott Allen – Watters Creek, 888 Market Street, Bldg. A. Perfect for a Mother’s Day or Graduation gift!
TRACK & FIELD STATE QUALIFIER!
Charles Brockman, who qualified in the 110m & 300m Hurdles will be representing PSHS in the State Tournament at Mike A. Myers Stadium (UT), Austin on Friday & Saturday, May 13th & 14th.
CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK, CHARLES!!!
Speakers chosen for Graduation Ceremony
Congratulations to Karine Garduño and Rupasri Shankar! They will be addressing the Class of 2016 at graduation on June 9! Thanks to all participants for your interest in wanting to be a part of this important occasion.
GIRLS RUGBY CONGRATULATIONS!
The Plano Rugby Team traveled to Baylor University this weekend to compete in the Texas Rugby Union State Championships, where the U-19 Girls team emerged victorious, winning the title of STATE CHAMPIONS in a hard fought match against Kingwood. Additional honors were won by team captain Niamh Savage, who was named Tournament MVP and Reagan Hunter, who received the Rugby Texas award for Forward of the Year. CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS!!!
*IMPORTANT* PISD STANDARD RESPONSE PROTOCOL
Parents: PLEASE READ the attachments from PISD safety and security about the Standard Response Protocol in case of an emergency. Thank you!
PLANO ISD INFOCENTER
SchoolMessenger has been updated to now include the InfoCenter mobile app. This allows our parents to login and control how they receive communications from their school or district.
The InfoCenter app provides access to all their messages and information sent by PISD (campus and district). This will be accessible from any internet-enabled device and visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for review and reference. InfoCenter app also allows parents to customize how they receive communications from us. Parents have been asking for this and it will help them get messaging the way they want to receive it.
Parent will sign up for the InfoCenter app using the email address that they have on file with the district. This is the one they provide on the emergency card.
They will download the InfoCenter SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. They can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
We have provided a link on the online Emergency Card (Parent/Guardian Information tab) with all the information they will need to sign up if they choose to do this. Here is what they now see.
The contact information you provide below (Email Address and Phone Numbers) is used for school communication to you, either individually or in mass. Our automated notification system has a website and apps for iPhone and Android that will allow you to specify how the notification system contacts you. This link for the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter will open in a new browser window or tab and you’ll use the email address you have provided to us below to log in. Be sure to finish your child’s emergency card first and always be sure to sign on the last tab. Once complete, explore the InfoCenter and let us know if you have any questions.
Let me know if you have any questions....
Below is some verbiage that you may wish to use for your newsletters.
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: