Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of September 27th
- Free at Home COVID-19 Tests - available at Columbus Public Libraries - Colerain will accept negative results from these free at home tests ("BinaxNOW"). However, you must work with the proctor/moderator to get results.
- "Colerain Elementary Family" Facebook Group - please join this group to stay in the loop on announcements and resources
- PBIS Family Engagement Survey - please click here to answer this short, four question survey to help us tailor our sharing of Colerain's PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) Program.
- NO SCHOOL (Professional Development Day) - Friday, October 15th
- Colerain Feed-a-Friend - Wednesday, September 29th - the 3rd grade owns and coordinates a school-wide program to help feed our fellow Colerain Students in need. The program runs on the last Wednesday of every month during the school year. For this to be successful, we need donations of food (dry goods, canned goods, fresh veggies/fruits, etc.). Donations for this month can be dropped off to Room 17 by or on the morning of the 29th.
- Colerain Virtual Open House - Wednesday, September 29th @ 5p - be on the look out for zoom links from your student's classroom teacher to join the virtual open house.
- Whetstone H.S. Homecoming Parade - Thursday, October 7th @ 4:30p - join us in walking in the parade! Colerain Students will be decorating a trailer at school that afternoon. This is a great way to meet other Colerain Families and get your steps in!
- CCS Facilities Master Plan Meetings - see section below for more details
Colerain PTA Update
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR NEW PTA BOARD MEMBERS!!!
President - Preston Moore
Vice President - Elizabeth Crabtree
Treasurer - Emily Cockley
Secretary - we still need a Secretary...reach out to Matt Dixon if interested
Keep an eye out for an invite to our October PTA Meeting
Staff Highlight - Renee Woodtke
Q: What is your role?
A: General Physical Education Specialist
Q: What is your responsibility?
A: Provide a safe environment for students to move and learn social, emotional and physical skills; and to inspire students to be confident and enjoy moving for their entire life.
Q: What do you want families to know?
A: I want ALL students to discover ways to move that brings them joy. Then I want them to make positive memories as they move and play.
Q: Any hobbies/interests you would like to share?
A: I have taught swimming for over 25 years. This year one of my former PE/Swimming students swam the 200 IM, 200 Breaststroke, and 100 Breaststroke in the Olympic Games. I remember "racing" him and legit getting beat by a kid with half my arm span.
CCS Facilities Master Plan
WE NEED YOUR VOICE! Please consider participating in this effort to re-image what our Columbus City Schools could look like!
Colerain is in REGION 4!!!
Phase 4 (Anticipate) - Thursday, October 7th @ 6p at Huy Elementary School
- Come and tour two CCS school facilities, on the same campus. One recently constructed, and another older construction. You will be asked to compare and contrast student-centered learning environments by using SurveyMonkey. Please come and help re-imagine our schools as world-class opportunities. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/9061
Phase 5 (Consider) - Monday, October 25th @ 6p at Centennial High School
- We need you to help rework the puzzle of each region to create equity for all. We will break into small groups and reassess what makes sense for you and the structure for your region. Come and share your thoughts and suggestions. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
Phase 6 (Transform) - Wednesday, December 1st @ 6p at Whetstone High School
We will evaluate the options created in the Phase 5 - Consider workshop. What are the pros and cons of each option? We will break into small groups and evaluate what option makes the most sense for your region. Come be a part of live decision making and consensus building. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.