The Sawyer's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
February 4th- Khadija
February 14th- Quinn
February 14th - Family Valentine's Day Party (3-4:30pm)Please let your teacher know if you will be attending
February 22nd - Ms. Le Andra's 3rd Anniversary with TTS
March 15th - Closed for Teacher Conference
June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
Valentine's Day Party!
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Classroom!
The Sawyers class is finally full! This past month, we added two new friends to our class, Lauren and Cynthia, and we can't be more excited to get to know them!
This Februrary, in science, we will be talking about kinetic energy and why birds fly in a V. We will also be making a volcano. In art this month, we will be making apple stamps, painting with Kool-Aid, doing k and v cookie cutter art, and making veggie prints! Finally, taste Tuesday will be exciting as always as we taste artichokes, kielbasa, vermicelli noodles, and V-8 splash!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Tax Time is Approaching...
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow
Goodbye Summer....Hello Sickness! :(
Official Weather Closer Policy
When bad weather or other emergency situations occur, it may be necessary for TTS to cancel, delay, or close school early. Parents should have a well-communicated plan in place in the event of these emergency situations.
The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority any time a decision must be made regarding school closures and delays during a weather situation. We review information from emergency management and state highway administrators about road conditions, and look to HSE schools for guidance.
Due to the speed of updating, the official @TotSpotSchool Twitter account is generally the first and fastest mode of communication. Other communication channels will be updated as quickly as possible including app, email, and other social media, and news stations. The app lags behind for some so Twitter is first.
Weather alert example
TTS tries to make decisions in the evening, taking into account that parents need time to make proper arrangements. But when there is a lot of uncertainty, we wait to get the latest morning forecast. The decision is typically made around 5:30.
TTS provides information about closings and delays in many ways including:
Posted to the TTS Twitter and Facebook pages.
Posted to Daily Connect App
Email and text messages sent to parents (using Procare).
Group Me sent to employees
Email sent to employees
Notifications sent to WTHR, RTV6, and WISH TV News
I'm super excited for some Valentine books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out February 5th and will orders will be due February 14th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
Valentine Fruit Wands
The Book Nook
Here Comes Valentine Cat
Cat does NOT like Valentine's Day. It's much too mushy, and no way is he making anyone a valentine—especially not his new neighbor, Dog. Dog refuses to respect the fence. He keeps tossing over old bones and hitting Cat in the head! But just as Cat’s about to send Dog an angry "valentine" telling him exactly what he can do with his bones, Dog throws a ball over the fence. What is Dog playing at?
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
- Baby puzzles
- Food Coloring
- Musical Instruments
- Empty Clean Jar (Mayo Jar)
- Vegetable/Baby Oil
- EXPO Dry Erase Marker Cleaning Spray
- Scrap Paper
- Corn Starch
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: If you could master one instrument what would it be and why?
- Ms. Crystal: Violin, I played before but other interests and hobbies took over and I want to re-learn the instrument.
- Ms. Rachel: The piano, I’ve always thought it was a beautiful instrument.
- Ms. Alisha: Guitar so I can be cool like Drew (Emmett and Asher's Dad).
- Mr. Mike: Piano, because it’s soothing.
- Ms. Le Andra: I would learn Guitar! I've always wanted to learn how to play
- Ms. Katie: I would master the guitar. I played a little bit in high school, but then gave up and I would love to be able to sit outside around a fire and play/create music.
- Ms. Erin: Drums because I like the double kick pedal, it's a challenge
- Ms. Maggie: If I could master one instrument it would be the piano.I would want it to be the piano because it would help with my poor hand eye coordination, and posture.