Strive Center for Autism
Happy Holidays Strive Families!
We will see you all on Monday, January 4th!
CDC Travel Recommendations
Please let your BCBA know if your family is traveling, and when you plan to return, so that we can make staffing arrangements.
New Year, New Insurance Info
Remember that many co-pays and deductibles may renew in January as well. We are happy to work with families on payment plans if needed.
Please reach out if you have any insurance or payment plan questions. You can contact Tracy Griffith, our Billing Specialist, at email@example.com.
New Year, New Therapists
- It allows generalization of skills, to ensure that your child can respond to any teacher
- It helps to reinforce flexibility and a positive response to changes
- It gives your child a fun and different perspective, with a new person to play with
As parents, the most important thing you can do is say positive things about your child's therapist in front of him - "Look - it's Jill! You're going to have so much fun with her this morning!" or "It sounds like you had a great time with Sue this afternoon!"
This is an important step in preparing your child for school and other settings, and we thank you for your support.
Holiday Party Fun!
Best of luck to Sarah!
Mittens and winter gear
- Because our families transport their own children (no one rides a bus), we may not close due to cold temperatures.
- We do not automatically follow local school closings, as our families live in multiple districts.
- A decision to close will be made by 6:00AM and communicated to families directly via Remind. It will also be posted on our Facebook page.
- Strive Centers will close when driving conditions in and around Brighton or Burton are noted to be dangerous.
We often review local school closings to assist in the decision making process, but with many schools closed for face to face instruction, that will look different this year. We will do our best to base a decision to close on the road conditions near our centers, and we ask that parents be understanding of the challenge of making these decisions. We know that parents and staff drive from a variety of communities, so we expect that families will make their own decision if the roads in their immediate area are dangerous. We will make every effort to be open as many days as possible this winter.
If you choose to keep your child home due to winter conditions near your home, please contact us as early as possible, so that we can make staffing adjustments. Keep in mind that each child requires one therapist, so if you're not able to make it in, that can eliminate the need for a therapist to drive in inclement weather as well.
Please keep in mind that if you should choose to keep your child home for an extended period due to the pandemic, the following requirements will still apply (as they did in June for those who didn't return on our first day back):
- If a family has chosen to keep their child home, we ask that they communicate with their BCBA frequently regarding their plans to return and provide a minimum of 30 days' notice of the date they would like to return. If we are able to accommodate your return sooner, we will do so, but 30 days will allow us time to hire and train staff if required and to update your child's treatment plan and obtain insurance approval.
- Should either of our locations have an active waitlist at the time a family is asking to return, we will work to move the returning family to the first spot on the waitlist, rather than serving new families first.
- Any family who was receiving services in person will be eligible to continue telehealth services for parent support, as long as it is approved by your insurance company. Simply communicate with your BCBA regarding your needs and we will work with you.
We look forward to having all our families back in the clinic every day, and we support each of you in making the best decision for your family. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Closed for the holidays - No Therapy
Monday, Dec. 21st, 8am to Friday, Jan. 1st 2021 at 5pm
Brighton and Burton
Warmest holiday wishes to all our staff and families!