The World of Westwood Wolves
There is no place like our PACK. #WestwoodFamily
September 15th, 2023
The week went by so fast and we cannot believe we are already making plans for the upcoming Student Led Conferences. In the Tuesday folder, you will find a schedule of your student’s conference time. Our teachers worked very hard to accommodate siblings as close as possible. We know it’s hard for families to come at different times so we really try to accommodate everyone the best we can.
It is very important not to miss your appointment and to come on time. Students and Teachers have prepared for these conferences and can't wait to share what our students are learning with you! During the upcoming Student Led Conferences, teachers will be sharing our learners' reports from NWEA that show a graph of growth in math and reading. Our students take this assessment three times per year. Below you can find links that provide more information. If you have any questions after reading the reports, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your support and partnership. We appreciate you being part of our PACK.
Mrs. Kimberly Crumby, Principal
Mrs. Martha Tompkins, Assistant Principal
We got Quacked!!!!
If you would like to participate, you can purchase a duck for $10 on behalf of Westwood. If your duck is one of the first 10 that cross the finish line, Westwood or the teacher you designate will be awarded a $1000 grant to support our students. Please stop by the office or visit: https://spsef.org/duckrace/.
We hope to see you at this fun event! 💕
Information from previous newsletters below...
We are excited to share with you a year at a glance calendar for our building!!! Please note the date of the 5th grade Music performance has changed.
September Lunch Menu
Mark your calendars!
Free and Reduced lunch forms
No check, no cash, no problem!
NOTE: Please be aware that there is a service fee when paying online.
Our School Day
- If you have students in grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade, your students will need to be dropped off and picked up in the front of the building.
- If you have students in grades 3rd-5th your students will need to be dropped off and picked up on the east side of the building.
- For the safety of all students, please have their car tag hanging on the rear view mirror as we are continuing to use the same dismissal procedures as the last couple of years.
- Teachers and support staff will be available to help students find their way to their classroom the first few days of school.
- Once again this year, students who are walkers or bike riders will be dismissed on the far side of the fence on McRay Ave.
- We ask that parents do not congregate inside the fence for our students' safety.
- We will continue to have a cross guard at the corner of McRay Ave. and Carlton St.
- We ask that students and their families refrain from crossing in front of the building on McRay Ave.
We appreciate your patience as we work through all of these items on the first days of school. Our students' safety is our number one priority. We cannot do it without your help!
Sept. 19 & 20-Kindergarten MAP Testing
Sept 21-Pizza with the Principals at 11:15 am.
Sept-25-Student Led Conferences from 3:15 to 7:00 pm.
Sept. 26-Student Led Conferences from 3:15 to 6:00 pm.
Sept. 25-28-Book Fair
Sept 27-GRAND book fair event at 7:20 am
Oct. 3-Mobile Food Pantry at 3:35 pm.