Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: worker, assist, services
- Comprehension strategy inferring
In reading, we are working on inferring. We continue to ask questions before, during, and after reading a book to check for comprehension. Practice this at home while reading your books. In writing, we are moving from prewriting to drafting in the writing process.
Finished topic 7, subtraction facts to 12, and started topic 8, geometry. The kids are enjoying working with shapes.
- Plane shapes
- Breaking shapes apart into other shapes and making new shapes by adding shapes together.
- Representing and recognizing numbers on a ten frame
- Finding parts of 10
- Using addition to help solve a subtraction problem
Colton did a great job engineering a bridge for the billy goats to cross.
Logan did a great job engineering a chair for baby bear.
- Please send in your items for gingerbread houses.
- Make sure your child is bringing their snow gear to school. With the snow melting it is very wet outside for recess.