RIFLI's Cool Tools Meetup Schedule
Enhancing Teaching and Learning through Technology
Integrating Technology in Adult Education
Note: Participants can join virtually by contacting Sherry Lehane at email@example.com.
Saves these dates!
The Following Meetups will be held at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire Street, Providence, RI in the 3rd floor conference room. There will be an option to attend remotely. Details to be announced.
January 22: 4:30 - 6:00 pm and again on January 23 from 10:00 - 11:30am. Cool Tools: Learning Managment Systems
February 5: 4:30 - 6:00 pm -Hot Topics Practitioner Share
March 5: 4:30 - 6:00pm and again on March 6 from 10:00 - 11:30 am - Cool Tool TBA
April 2: 4:30 - 6:00 pm - Hot Topics Practitioner Share
May 7: 4:30 - 6:00 pm - Cool Tool TBA
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get information about the content of each meetup and share?
- Flyers for each event go out several weeks in advance through the PD Center, Literacy Resources listserv and are also posted on the RIFLI website: www.rifli.org. The topic and cool tools that will be highlighted will be listed on the event flyer.
Do I need to RSVP?
- Please RSVP so we reserve adequate space for participants. You will receive a monthly flyer and can RSVP by clicking on a link in the flyer.
Do I need to bring anything?
- It's a good idea to bring your own device, but it's not required. Sherry will bring a few MS Surfaces and laptops.
How can practitioners access information and resources from this professional development series?
- We have created an online community where resources, dates and discussion prompts are posted to encourage collaboration and sharing among practitioners. To access the online community, go to www.schoology.com and join as a student using the code:
How can I get more information?
- Feel free to email Sherry Lehane at firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do I need to know?
- Light refreshments will be available at every meetup.
Where do I park?
- Metered parking is available on the streets around the library at $1.25/hr. You can also park at the Hilton Hotel near the highway for a flat fee of $3.00. You must get your parking ticket validated at the library circulation desk.