The News Flash
Florence Twp. School District -- 2020/21 -- #13
Important Health & Safety Reminders:
As the holidays near closer and we start to consider the upcoming festivities and gatherings associated with this time of year, please keep in mind the following health and safety concerns/regulations so can continue to keep our schools, students, and staff open and safe:
- Especially during this unprecedented time, please keep your Genesis information up to date.
- All in-person hybrid students MUST complete a weekly health screening form located in the Genesis portal. Please complete the form before the student enters the building on Monday of their in-person week.
- When calling your child out, please call the attendance line and leave a reason why the child is missing school. If your child is experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please contact your school administrator ASAP!
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF HE/SHE ARE DISPLAYING any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please remember if you plan to travel or attend a holiday celebration outside of NJ and check with the state COVID-19 website (https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/travel-and-transportation/which-states-are-on-the-travel-advisory-list-are-there-travel-restrictions-to-or-from-new-jersey) to see which states are on the travel restriction list. If the state to which you are traveling is on the list, then upon your return to NJ you should stay home and quarantine for 14 days. We are asking that you please strongly consider adhering to these guidelines for the benefit of our community.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and safety guidelines, we ALL have to make some difficult decisions this year to keep our family, friends, and school community safe. Per the CDC: "When planning to host (or attend) a holiday celebration, you should assess current COVID-19 levels in your community to determine whether to postpone, cancel, or limit the number of attendees." A few things to remember as you consider hosting or attending a holiday event:
- Celebrating virtually or only with members of your own household poses a low risk for spread.
- Indoor gatherings pose more risk than outdoor gatherings.
- The longer the gathering, the higher the risk for virus spread.
- Gatherings with more people pose more risk than those with fewer people.
- People coming in from different areas pose a higher risk than sticking with people from your immediate area or community.
- Social distancing and handwashing must be maintained. The use of masks, although not preferable, is still encouraged by the CDC, even in these small gatherings.
- Do not host or participate in any in-person festivities if you or anyone in your household:
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and has not met the criteria for when it is safe to be around others;
- has symptoms of COVID-19;
- is waiting for COVID-19 test results;
- may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days; and
- is at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
In regards to COVID-19 cases, due to HIPAA regulations, we are not able to disclose personal information regarding a confirmed positive case. The contact tracing will be handled by individuals within our schools who have been trained and who work with the Burlington County Health Department.
We can't thank you enough for your support and understanding! Let's keep going strong!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Roebling & Riverfront -- the information is now available on the school website. Also, check your child's school newsletter and/or teacher emails for more details.
FTMHS -- the information will be released on Monday, 11/16.
Future Flashes Night
Every year, FTMHS hosts a “Future Flashes Night” for our District’s 8th graders and their parents to highlight all that our prospective students can look forward to as “Future Flashes” at the High School. This year, given the pandemic, our teachers, club advisors, and coaches have created videos as well as a virtual building tour which will be available on Thursday,
In-person tours will be set up for later this school year, dependent on COVID-19 restrictions. We will share this information with you when it becomes available.
For any further questions, please contact the FTMHS building administration.
What's Happening in FTSD:
13th - FTMHS/Riverfront Report Cards Available (via Genesis)
19th – Roebling Virtual Student supply pickup & FTMHS Future Flashes Night
20th – Roebling Color Family Day
23rd - Parent Conferences -- One Session Day
24th - Parent Conferences -- One Session Day
25th - One Session Day
26th-27th - School Closed (Thanksgiving Break)
Help us help them...
Each year the FTSD provides a food basket, turkey, and gift cards for over 75 local families in need during this holiday time. We are currently collecting donated food items and turkeys as listed below! Please send in all items for the Thanksgiving Food Baskets to school by Friday, November 20th!
Additionally, Vinny G's has graciously offered to donate 20% of their sales from 7 am to 1 pm on Monday, November 16th.
We appreciate any support you can provide!
Thank you Veteran's...
As a thank you to our veterans, our Roebling Elementary staff and students put together a video to show their appreciation for their sacrifices and bravery! Please take a moment to thank a United States Veteran for answering the call!
Support for Our Families...
In order to support our FTSD families during these times we have established the following:
Free meal availability (weekdays & weekends)
Mental Health resources
Please visit our FTSD website for more information at https://www.florence.k12.nj.us/