Campus Parent Communication - October 30, 2020
We've had a great week celebrating Red Ribbon week! Thank you to all our families who participated both in person and at home. Please see the latest Vaughan updates.
Have a great weekend!
Our Vaughan Staff!
Congratulations to Vaughan VIP's for October!
We had a BLAST cheering on student excellence today with our 'In-Person' and 'At-Home' learners. These students chosen did an exceptional job exhibiting the character trait - Self-Discipline - for the month of October!
Steam Ambassador Tutoring - Grades 5 & 6
STEAM Ambassadors will provide flexible, one on one online peer tutoring services to students 5-12 with homework help and science and math concept comprehension.
This tutoring is available for in-person AND virtual learners.
Assist students with math and science concepts through virtual tutoring sessions.
Provide accessible student support that would typically be offered in a face to face setting but has become increasingly difficult as students learn away from campus.
Establish a virtual tutoring model that successfully addresses the diverse needs of learners across Allen ISD.
Who are the tutors?
Tutors are 10th-12th grade STEAM Ambassadors that excel in science and math.
STEAM Ambassadors were chosen by board members, administrators, and teachers during an extensive interview process last spring.
Tutors have completed classroom observations and were trained on best instructional practices.
Please visit the STEAM Ambassador website to learn more about the leadership program and tutoring
How to sign up:
**Parents and students may view available times for tutoring sessions and sign up for a session here**
Students can learn about the available tutors by viewing their bios.
Students will sign up for a session at least 24 hours in advance, providing details regarding material they would like to cover during the session. Additionally, graded quizzes/assignments, homework, etc. can be submitted here for the tutor to review in detail with the student (reworking missed questions, clarifying/reteaching when necessary)
Prior to the first tutoring session a parent/guardian permission slip will be submitted
Face Coverings - Reminder
- Students in grades K-3rd are highly recommended to be wearing a mask during the instructional day. While it's not required, it does help us in allowing students to work in small groups for short periods of time throughout the school day.
- Students in grades 4th-6th are required to wear masks at all times. Please note that teachers do plan structured mask breaks throughout the day.
Bond Information - What's Proposed for Vaughan
ALLEN ISD KINDERGARTEN TESTING FOR GIFTED & TALENTED PROGRAM
Testing for potential gifted identification for students in Grades 1-11 will be in the spring. Please watch for announcements after the winter break via district and campus communication.
Free Breakfast and Lunch Now for the Entire School Year (Reminder)
A BIG thank you to our Student Nutrition Department for working to meet the needs of our families in this interesting year!
Virtual Veteran's Day
Veteran's Day Donations
Virtual Coffee with the Principals
ATTENTION PARENTS OF CURRENT VAUGHAN ELEMENTARY 6TH GRADERS
GREETINGS FROM THE NURSE!
I want to be proactive in helping your 6th grader prepare for 7th grade enrollment as deadlines will start to pop up much faster than you think!
Please pay close attention to the following information regarding vaccine requirements:
As soon as your student has had these immunizations please turn in the documentation to the Vaughan school nurse by hand, fax, or email. This will make the registration process for Middle School much easier.
- Individual notices will be sent out in January, February, March, April, and May reminding those students who still need to turn in proof of the above vaccines.
- After this initial notice, if you do not receive a notice, your student’s vaccines are current for 7th grade entry and no action is required.
If you do not currently have a family doctor or are unsure of where to take your student, you may consider the following option:
Collin County Health Care Services
Monday thru Friday: 7:30a – 11:00a and 1:00p – 4:00p
825 N. McDonald Street # 130, McKinney, TX 75069
Direct Line (972) 548-5532
• A complete shot record is required for all children’s immunizations & school nurse’s note alone WILL NOT be accepted.
• Cost ranges from $5 - $14 per shot per child.
• Medicaid / CHIPS are accepted but you MUST bring your current update for Medicaid & bring your CHIPS card with you.
• Cash or in-state check ONLY will be accepted. No credit or debit cards are accepted.
• All clinics are on a first come first serve basis.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Nicole Omoregie, BSN, RN
Please see the information below from our yearbook coordinators -
We are so happy to have 'At-Home' learners and 'In-Person' learners this year! If you have an 'At-Home' learner, we would love to have pictures of your student learning at home! If you take any pictures please submit them to the link below.
Send pictures to - https://images.jostens.com/415573965.
Also, any parents that have first day of school pictures please send them our way following the directions above! We would love to have as many pictures of your student as we can this year!
Lastly, if you want to order a yearbook please order it through Josten's website. Click HERE to order now!
The yearbook will stay at $30 until 11/13.
We are so excited to have such an amazing year at Vaughan!
Thank you for all you are doing for your student, it is truly appreciated!
REMINDER - Allen ISD Resources
For the 2020–2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
Upcoming Dates and Reminders
- Join Vaughan PTA- Please consider joining the Vaughan PTA to contribute to your child's school. Membership gives you access to our PTA online Membership Toolkit, ways to connect with Vaughan families through social media, and supports our school. https://vaughanpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet-start/2046
Save the Date!
November 4th - Veterans Day Photos Due
November 5th - Virtual Coffee with the Principals
November 11th - Virtual Veteran's Day Celebration
November 11th - Veterans Day Donations Due
November 20th - Early Release Day - 12 PM
November 23rd - 27th - Thanksgiving Break