July 14, 2022
Tom Cox Timberwolves
Allyson Tackett, Assistant Principal, 5th Grade
Valentina Majeski, Assistant Principal, 6th Grade
Tara Bodin, School Counselor, 5th Grade
Jessica Kowis, School Counselor, 6th Grade
Mission: Growing Learners to be Productive Global Citizens.
Guidelines for Success: Timberwolves...The Heart to L.E.A.D.
Learners: Engaged in learning, problem solvers, innovators
Empathize: Awareness and understanding of each other's thoughts and feelings
Appreciate: We are all unique! We respect and celebrate our differences and similarities
Dedicated: Committed to achieving ones goals even when it is hard! Inspire others to achieve their goals
Dear TCI Families,
Welcome to the home of the Timerwolves! I am proud to be the Principal of Tom Cox Intermediate and serve in the Grand Oaks Feeder Community.
Our mission is to "Grow Learners to be Productive Global Citizens". We strive to make Cox Intermediate a place where every learner can reach their full potential, feel safe, and have fun. A place where students, staff, parents, and the community feel welcome and are visible in the school.
The first day of school for students is August 10, 2022. Our staff have been busy planning and preparing the school, and our excited to start the year. Please join us for our Meet the Teacher Night on Monday, August 8, 2023. We will welcome 6th graders from 5:00-6:30 and 5th graders from 5:30-7:00. This is a "come and go" event. Parents and students may pick up their schedule in the cafeteria before heading back to the classrooms.
The Howl is our school newsletter that will go out to TCI families the first Tuesday of every month. It is a great way to keep up with what is happening at Cox Intermediate. You can also find additional information on our school website, cox.conroeisd.net. For regular updates, follow us on social media.
Facebook-Cox Intermediate, Conroe ISD
See you in August!
TOM COX INTERMEDIATE ADMINISTRATIVE TEAM
School Supplies – School supplies that were pre-purchased by parents will be sent to the home. Students may bring their supplies on “Meet the Teacher” night and leave them in their home-base classroom. For those who were unable to purchase supplies, the list can be found below and on the TCI school website.
Binders and Backpacks- Students will travel between three classrooms and will carry their materials and lunch bag with them to each class. Most students choose to use a binder to organize their materials and carry it with them to each class. All students are assigned a locker to house their backpack and other belongings. However, students only visit their locker twice a day; before and after school.
FINE ARTS SELECTION
Selection Sheets- Many students have already completed a selection sheet and have chosen a Fine Arts. If not, they may click on the link below to sign up. Students will also have a chance to sign up within the first weeks of school.
If your child selected band or orchestra, please do not purchase or rent an instrument at this time. Fine Arts teachers will provide parents with information on purchasing and renting instruments during the first few days of school.
Additional information about Band, Orchestra, and Choir can also be found by clicking on the link below.
TCI School Hours and Daily Schedule
School Hours - Our school day begins at 8:50 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
Arrival- Students arriving to school early may enter the building at 7:45 am. They will need to wait in the cafeteria until 8:30 when they are released to classrooms.
Lunch With Your Child!
Parents are welcome to have lunch with their child in the cafeteria during their student's lunch-time. Due to limited space we ask parents and visitors to sign up for a date and time. See below for guidance and the link to sign up.
Making a school lunch reservation to eat with your child at school is easy! Please note, there is a limit of two adults per student. A new link will be sent out every three weeks.
Please follow these important guidelines:
- If plans have changed, please cancel your reservation.
- Please be on time & leave on time. You will be able to wait for your student at the designated parent lunch tables in the Cafeteria.
- You must bring your Driver's License or ID in order to enter the building. No exceptions!
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
A Lunch 11:05-11:35
B Lunch 11:37-12:07
C Lunch 11:55-12:25
D Lunch 12:17-12:47
Meals are No Longer Free for All Students in the 2022-2023 School Year
Federal waivers providing Free meals for all students the last 2 years have now expired. Parents must complete an application for students to be eligible for Free or Reduced meals. The online free and reduced application opens July 20, 2022.www.myschoolapps.com
Meal Prices for 2022/2023
· Student Breakfast $2.00
· Student Reduced Breakfast $.30
· Non-Student Breakfast/ 2nd Student Breakfast $3.00
· Student Lunch $3.20
· Student Reduced Lunch $.40
· Non-student Lunch/ 2nd Student Lunch $4.20
· Entree $2.30
· Milk $.95
· Fruit/ Vegetable/ Grain $1.15
FAQ's - Incoming 5th Graders and Students new to Cox Intermediate
TCI Open House
Student Dismissal and Transportation
Dismissal will begin at 4:00 PM. Students will be dismissed in the following order:
- First round of car-riders/first round of buses
- Remaining car-riders/remaining buses
All students need to be picked no later than 4:15.
- Bikers/Walkers- We have a number of students who ride their bike or walk to and from school. Bike racks are located in the front and the side of the school for students to rack their bike. If your child will be a biker or walker please encourage them to remain on the sidewalks as they travel, and watch for pedestrians and vehicles. Bikers will need to dismount their bikes at the crosswalks and walk them to the other side.
- Car Riders – Typically, we experience few problems as morning car riders arrive at school. We experience more challenges during afternoon dismissal. We ask for the parents' cooperation in this area. The safety of our students is our top priority. We do not allow car riders to be picked up at the street, along the curb, or to cross the street in the front of the building during dismissal time. We encourage parents to come through the car rider line. Please pick car riders up no later than 4:15 p.m.
- Bus Riders – The transportation department works hard to ensure that all students are picked-up and dropped off in a safe and timely manner. However, during the first weeks of school, buses often run late. Please be aware that as school gets under way bus schedules will be more accurate. Students are to ride the bus they are assigned. Transportation changes will need to be submitted prior to a student riding a different bus. The phone number for the Oak Ridge Transportation Center is 832-592-8850.
Registration For PreK, K and new students
We are looking forward to a great year and can’t wait to see your smiling faces on the first day of school. Tara Bodin will serve as the 5th grade counselor and Jessica Kowis will serve as the 6th grade counselor. However, we are both here to serve and help all students, parents, and staff.
We want your child to think of our offices as a warm and friendly place where they always feel welcome. Our offices are their safe havens–a place where they can get help if they feel confused, worried, or anxious. As school counselors, our primary responsibility is to promote academic, personal, and social development of all Timberwolf students.
We are looking forward to a great school year with your child and family. If you need to reach us, please feel free to contact us at 281.465.3200 or email; Tara Bodin–5th grade counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Kowis-6th grade counselor, email@example.com.
School Counseling Services provided at Tom Cox Intermediate:
Small group counseling sessions, with parent permission, for students focusing on: grief, study skills, friendship/social skills, and anger management. If you feel that your child needs assistance in any of these areas please let me know.
Individual meetings to help students adjust to school or help with personal issues on an as needed basis.
Classroom guidance lessons with emphasis on personal/social skills, bullying prevention, academic development (study skills), being responsible, conflict resolution, and career awareness.
SCHOOL NURSE NEWS!
Notes From the Nurse:
Release of Students for Personal/Medical Reasons- Students who need to be picked up early from school due to personal reasons or medical appointments need to be signed out by 3:30.
Medical Conditions and Medicine- Please be sure to inform our school nurse of any existing medical conditions. Any medication must be checked in through the clinic by the parents. Immunizations must be current. Should any problems arise you will be notified.
RAINY DAY DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Rainy/Cold Day Dismissal
If your student is a walker/biker they will be expected to walk or ride their bike on rainy days, unless you and your child have an alternate plan in place. If you choose for your child to be a car-rider on rainy days it is not necessary to complete a transportation change form.
In the case of severe weather (thunderstorms, lightening, blizzard) we may hold walkers/bikers until we feel it is safe for them to walk or ride home. If that does occur we will contact the parent to inform them of the delay. Bus transportation will run as scheduled.
CISD Elementary/Intermediate Student Handbook and TCI Addendum
For policies specific to Cox Intermediate, click on the following link: