Whitney Wolves Weekly News
September 15 2023
FYI: IMPORTANT DATES to look for this school-year:
- Family Day on the Green Sunday 9/17, 11-3pm
- Early Release- September 27th
- 9/27 Family Picnic 5:00-6:00pm. Bring a blanket and dinner and enjoy our Whitney family night.
- 9/27 Open House 6:00-7:00
- 10/4 PTO meeting, library @ 5:30pm
- 10/6 Spanish Heritage Performance-Mexican Dancers, APR @ 1:30- 3-5 grades
- 10/9 No school Columbus Day observed
- 10/10 No School-professional learning day
- 10/18 Fall Picture Day
- 10/25 Early release @ 1:30pm PL Day
- REVISION: Trunk or Treat - location, date and time changed to 11/2
- 10/31 National Theater Assembly, AM, APR- 3-5 grades
- 11/2 Trunk or Treat @ EHS- Sister School Event- K-5students and families
- 11/7 No School, Election Day
- 11/8 The Ned Show, 10:00am, APR- 3-5 grades
- 11/10 No School Veterans Day
- 11/20 Conferences afternoon and evening
- 11/23-24 Thanksgiving break- No School
- 11/29 Conferences Afternoon and evening
- Winter celebrations and sing-a-long, TBD
- 12/6 Early Release @ 1:30pm PL Day
- 12/25-1/4 Winter Break-No School
- 1/1 No School, New Years Day
- 1/12 Berkshire Theaeter, The Magic Tree House 1:30pm, APR
- 1/15 No School, MLK Day
- 1/24 Early Release@ 1:30pm, PL Day
- 2/23 Berkshire Music, 9:45am, APR grades 3-5
- 2/26 No School, PL Day
- 2/19 No School President's Day
- 2/20 No School PL Day
- Smarter Balance Assessment PEP Rally, TBD
- 3/13 Early Release @ 1:30pm PL Day
- 3/29 No School Good Friday
- TBD One Book Three Schools- Kick-off 6-7, APR
- 4/08-4/12 Spring Vacation
- 4/24 Early Release @ 1:30pm, PL Day
- One Book Three Schools
- 5/22 Early Release @ 1:30pm, PL Day
- 5/27 No School, Memorial Day
- 5/29 Field Day, Rain Date 5/31
- 6/3 EW Awards Assembly
- 6/10- Scheduled last day of school
- 6/19 Juneteenth Celebration
Hometown hero celebrations and recognitions!
New Eli Whitney PTO Website - www.enfieldpto.com/PTO
Please note the change in our PTO website name.
PTO Executive Board:
- Cindy Kinney- President
All families are encouraged to join the Eli Whitney PTO. Meetings will be held on a Wednesday of each month. Times will be announced
We look forward to collaborating with our Whitney community.
First meeting: 10/4 at 5:30- In person in the library!
Thank you police, fireman, nurses, doctors, teacher, and volunteers!
Come Sing With Us!
We are off to another exciting year of music making at Eli Whitney School! Your child has the opportunity to participate in the 4th or 5th Grade Chorus. During the first week of school, each class has been informed about the ensemble and the expectations that go along with it. This paper serves as an information sheet you can keep.
General information regarding chorus:
Grade 5 will rehearse on Mondays from 12:00-12:45 during Enrichment block
Grade 4 will rehearse on Mondays from 1:00-1:45 during Enrichment block
Rehearsals will be during Enrichment, so students will not miss classes
All students are expected to have appropriate and tidy concert attire the night of the performance. Students should wear white shirts/sweaters, black bottoms, and black/dark closed-toe shoes.
Expectations for each child participating in chorus are as follows:
Students must fully participate during rehearsals.
Students must follow all behavior expectations and Whitney core values (Lead the PACK!)
If students don’t follow expected behaviors, I will follow-up with parents, teachers, and our Assistant Principal. Students who repeatedly engage in unexpected behaviors may be removed from chorus. I will notify parents/guardians in advance.
Students MUST attend rehearsals during school and ALL PERFORMANCES after school. Our Winter Concert will be Thursday, February 8, 2024 (snow date Friday, February 9, 2024) at 6:30 p.m. and our Spring Concert will be Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 6:30 p.m. Please mark your calendars!
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities such as music lessons, dance, gymnastics, and/or sports are asked to please let their instructors know about the concert dates, once available, so that ALL may participate and make a beautiful sound together. If your child cannot make the concert, please contact me. Each team member is vital to the total performance.
If you have any questions about the choral program please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic use policy:
While our students are excited to have use of cellphones and smart watches, it is important to remember that the district policy states (see below) that these items are not permitted to be used during class time.
We understand that students may need these items during an emergency or for after school events. However, during class, these items may be kept in the student's backpack or on the teacher's desk. It is important for us to encourage the fidelity of this handbook policy in order to ensure your child's privacy, confidentiality of your child as well as others, and to lessen instructional distractions. On a seperate note, EPS is not responsible for lost, stolen or broken electronic brought in from home.
Thank you for your support as we continue to strive to make a positive impact in the lives of your children.
Mrs. Flanaghan, Principal
EPS-EHS Student Handbook - Click on the link: EPS:
EPS: EHS STUDENT HANDBOOK 2023-24
Enfield High School empowers our students to be respectful and responsible citizens who are college and career ready. Meaningful and challenging learning experiences enable our students to become critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and effective communicators. Our school community supports the social and emotional development of students and encourages the exploration of their interests and talents.
Breakfast and Lunch
Link for technology insurance
Housing concerns and needs:
94 Middle Road
Enfield, CT. 06082