Upcoming Events and Important Dates:
- February 9th - February 11th - 3rd Grade Part I TNReady Testing
- February 8th - Last day to turn in order form for Valentine's Candygram sale
- February 15th - President's Day - NO SCHOOL
- February 16th - February 18th - 4th Grade Part I TNReady Testing
- February 22nd - 4th Grading Period Ends
- February 23rd - Spring Pictures
- February 23rd - February 25th - 5th Grade Part I TNReady Testing
- February 29th - Report Cards Sent Home
TNReady Testing Schedule
Tuesday, February 9th - English/Language Arts
Wednesday, February 10th - Math
Thursday, February 11th - Social Studies
Tuesday, February 16th - English/Language Arts
Wednesday, February 17th - Math
Thursday, February 18th - Social Studies
Tuesday, February 23rd - English/Language Arts
Wednesday, February 24th - Math
Thursday, February 25th - Social Studies
TNReady Testing Information
Below is a link to the TNReady Parent Guide where you can learn more information about the testing style:
Below is a link to the Top Ten Facts About TNReady:
Parent Strategies for Reducing Test Anxiety in Your Children
- Note test dates on your home calendar.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep before the days of the test. Your child should get 10-11 hours of sleep so that he or she is alert.
- Make sure that your child eats a big breakfast the day of testing.
- Make sure that your child is to school on time, or early, so they do not have to stress about being late.
- Discuss the test openly at home, and in a positive light.
- Have realistic expectations of your child's performance, while also encouraging your child to do his/her best.
- Emphasize that test scores do not determine their worth.
- Encourage your child to share feelings of anxiety with you.
- See if your child would like to plan some enjoyable activities for after school. Your child may choose to relax by spending time with the family playing a board game, reading their favorite book, or spending time outdoors.