RMS Weekly Events Calendar
February 8 - February 12
What's Going On This Week!!
Wow! It is stacking up to be a very busy week at Russellville Middle School! We have a lot of exciting things going on for both teachers and students. This week begins the new book study, "Leaders of Their Own Learning", which is a fabulous book. I know you will enjoy delving into the book and learning about ways to help students monitor their own learning and progress. It is filled with tons of rich and useful information that you can use in your classroom with your students.
Thanks to all of you for your help in making our ACCESS testing go smooth last week. We will be finishing up with ACCESS testing this week so that is one more thing we can cross off of our list for the 2015-16 school year. We are currently working on our Aspire testing schedule and will be getting that out to you shortly so you will have plenty of time to plan for the testing dates.
I hope all of you have a great week, stay warm, and stay well! There is a lot is sickness going around right now so encourage all of your students to practice frequent hand washing and see if we can't reduce the number of sick people!
Thanks for all you do each day!
Monday, February 8
- ACT Interim Assessment - Mrs. Kerby - Lab 1 & Mrs. Kimbrough - Lab 2
- FBLA Dress Up Day - Opposite Day (Dress mismatch)
Tuesday, February 9
- Science Textbook Expo - UNA Inservice Center - 8:00 a.m.
- ACT Interim Assessment - Mr. Willis - Lab 1 & Mrs. Maddox - Lab 2
- ACCESS testing - 7:50 a.m.
- FBLA Dress Up Day - Career Day (Dress like your dream job)
- RtI Referrals are due to Mrs. Bendall
- Grades are due for the 3nd 9-weeks progress reports
- Faculty meeting - Media Center - 3:15
Wednesday, February 10
- FBLA Dress Up Day - Nerd Day (Dress like a nerd)
- ACCESS Testing - 7:50 a.m.
- ACT Interim Assessment - Mrs. P. Smith - Lab 1 & Ms. Pruitt - Lab 2
- Social Studies Instructional Meeting - 6th grade work room - 4th period.
- Leaders of Their Own Learning Book Study (Chapter 2 & Chapter 4) - Media Center - 3:15 p.m.
Thursday, February 11
- FBLA Dress Up Day - Twin Day (Dress like a twin)
- ACT Interim Assessment - Mr. Keeton - Lab 1
- February RtI Meeting - Media Center - 3:15 p.m.
Friday, February 12
- 4-H meeting - Cafeteria - 7:30 a.m.
- FBLA Dress Up Day - Spirit Day (Wear black and gold)
- Tobacco Survey - 2nd Period - Students in Mrs. Meeks, Mrs. Odom, and Coach Flannagan's classes.
- Science Instructional Team Meeting - 2nd period
- RMS Scholars Bowl vs. St. Joseph (Home) - 12:30 p.m.
- Math Instructional Team Meeting - 6th Period