Career Center Weekly Update
February 1, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Pre-Health Group Mock Interviews
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
UGA Virtual Networking Hour
Careers in Law: Advice from UGA Alumni (students + alumni)
Students, this is your opportunity to connect with alumni in various fields of law, including those who work in private firms, corporate/in-house, and public interest and government organizations . Come prepared with questions on how to make the most of college, internships, and how to stand out in the job search.
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Creative resumes, and How To Do Them Well
A creative resume, or a resume with creative design elements, is something that many UGA students ask about in the Career Center. The rules aren’t always the same for every situation, but here are a list of tips if you are interested in venturing into the creative side of resumes...
15 Surprising Things Productive People Do Differently
From Forbes / Leadership
"I recently interviewed over 200 ultra-productive people including seven billionaires, 13 Olympians, 20 straight-A students and over 200 successful entrepreneurs. I asked a simple, open-ended question, 'What is your number one secret to productivity?' After analyzing all of their responses, I coded their answers into 15 unique ideas."
Read the entire article on Forbes.com.
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.