3th Period by : Tayla Camper
2 types of Strokes
2: Hemorrhagic Stroke - occurs when a blood vessel in the brain breaks or ruptures.
-Loss of Vision or dimming in one or both eyes
-Weakness or numbness
-Sudden severe headache
-Loss of balance or unstable walking usually combined w/ another symptom
- Magnets and radio waves to create pictures of the organs and structures in your body .
- Age 65
- Gender - 9 men have more strokes but women have a even more chance of having strokes )
- race ( african americans at increased risk)
- family history
- Up to 50 % of all strokes are preventable many risk factors can be controlled before they cause problems .
- gaining streghtening skills
- therapy for communication disorders
- remembering remarkable events