Desert Sage Elementary Newsletter - November 1, 2021
Thank You Parents & Guardians
Remember to stay in contact with your child's teachers outside of conference time. You can always reach out via email or request additional conferences with teachers as needed. Teacher contact information is available on our school website here.
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair is Open
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
- Online sales only
- Book Fair open through Sunday, November 14, 2021
- Book Fair orders: place your order here or click on the Book Fair picture.
Fun Run PTO Fundraiser
Our Fun Run donation drive has begun and we are super excited! On November 12th, our students will participate in a Fun Run to help raise money that will go directly to impacting our students' education. We have created a special website just for your student. Just click the link below and type in your student's first name:
Fun Run Student Page <------Click Here
We hope we can count on your generous support. With 100% participation, we will be able to reach our donation goal of $20,000. Visit your student's page to check out our fundraising goals.
Here are some tips for fundraising success:
Chipolte Family Dinner Night
Wednesday, Nov. 3rd, 5-9pm
2470 West Happy Valley Road
Order online for pickup using code QZ3FNKE or mention "Desert Sage" when paying in the restaurant.
Private Event at Desert Sage
Thank you for your understanding. If you should be interested in renting Desert Sage for any private events you can contact our school secretary, Mrs. Anderson at 623-445-4700.
I Spy PLC
PLC work in November is focused on data analysis of recent interim assessments for ELA and Math. The analysis will drive the intervention planning and grouping for each grade based on the essential standards with the greatest need for reteaching.
If you would like more information about PLCs, please visit our DVUSD PLC website.
Upcoming Important Dates
- November 1 - November 12: Fun Run Fundraiser
- November 1 - November 14: Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
- Wednesday, November 3: Chipolte Family Dinner Night
- Friday, November 5: Dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 11: No School, Veterans' Day
- Friday, November 12: Fun Run event
- Friday, November 12: Dismissal at 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 19, Dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
- November 22 - November 26: No School, Thanksgiving Break
AZ School Tax Credit for Desert Sage
Your school tax credit donations can provide Desert Sage students with opportunities to after school and summer programs, field trips, music and athletic programs or any other extracurricular activity.
- The Arizona tax credit program (A.R.S. 43-1089.01) allows a tax credit of up to $200 for individuals and up to $400 for married couples, filing jointly, in support of extracurricular activities.
- The tax credit reduces your tax burden to the state of Arizona, dollar for dollar.
- This year, AZ tax credit dollars can help us purchase needed capital items as well if donated to the general fund.