March Tiger Times SV.19
Week of Monday, March 27th - Friday, March 31st, 2023
REMINDERS FOR THE WEEK
As we gear up for the 2023 Summer Institutes - we need your input to ensure we are meeting your professional development needs which in turn meets the needs of our students. Please click on the link and answer the survey. Remember, your voice matters, so make it count! https://bit.ly/3mIUJRB
- Our next faculty meeting will be on Tuesday, April 4, 2023 as per the HCTA contract (a faculty meeting cannot be held the day before the start of a break.) Please plan accordingly.
- Remember - LockDown Code S will be discussed during our April faculty meeting.
- Only administrators can assign students to In School Suspension (ISS). Student work must be submitted to Mr. Saunders no later than the start of the school day.
- Attendance is required to be taken within the first 15 minutes of the start of class. If a student is not in class they must be marked absent so that their parent/guardian are promptly notified. Grade 8 - students who arrive to school by 7:45am, must be marked present. Grade 7 - students who arrive to school by 8:35am, must be marked present. Any student reporting after these established times are to be marked late.
- Teachers are required to ensure all classroom doors, (especially those that are not occupied) and exterior doors (doors leading to the outside) are closed and locked at all times. Leaving unoccupied classroom doors unlocked and exterior doors open poses a safety hazard to students and staff. Additionally, all teaching staff are required to stand outside of classrooms during the changing of classes and dismissals to ensure a smooth transition from class to class and dismissal .
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS: If you are covering a class for the day, in the absences of lesson plans left by the classroom teacher, all students are to log on to iReady and complete a minimum of two reading and one math assignment. This is being monitored by administration.
- The Lesson Objective is to be visible to students at all times during instruction so that students can reference as needed to ensure they are accomplishing the goal of the lesson.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders).
- Unannounced observations conducted by Hempstead High School, District Administration, and Independent Evaluators have begun. Physical copies of lesson plans are to be available to the observer upon entry into the classroom.
Have a Wonderful ABGS Week!
ENERGY EFFICIENT UPGRADES
- The Energy Efficient Project at ABGS has resulted in better lighting, more efficient heating and ventilation, upgraded stripping of entry doors, and a host of other energy efficient upgrades!
ATTENDANCE OFFICE UPDATE
As per March 20, 2023 -
- When students are bought into the attendance office after parents are contacted, please do not leave the students in the attendance office awaiting pick up (we make confidential calls to CPS, meet with parents etc.).
- For interpretation/Translation services, please utilize the Bilingual staff that are on the docket (referred back to November’s meeting notes). Interpretation requests are becoming overwhelming.
- Anyone requesting report cards will be redirected to the clinicians in the building.
- Please inform your security staff not to bring parents to the attendance office unannounced. Attendance staff will greet parents/guardian at the door.
Thanking you in advance
Laptop Carts & Laptop Keys
We will be discontinuing the lending of Laptop Carts while we begin our preparations for the 7th Grade NYS ELA CBT.
Our schedule is as follows -
This week (3/27 - 3/31/2023): Carts currently being signed out in the binder will no longer be signed out. They will be undergoing inventory and maintenance for the test.
Next week (4/3 - 4/6/2023): Remaining carts will be removed from their current locations and brought down to the media center to begin inventory and maintenance for the test.
Make sure to have adjusted your lessons to prepare for this interruption.
Thank you for your flexibility and consideration in making the NYS ELA CBT a successful one.
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.