Blue Hills Regional Technical School
This newsletter is intended to connect our parents, staff and community to Blue Hills Regional Technical School District with a focus on student achievements in academics and Career Technical Education (CTE) including extracurricular activities and sports. Blue Hills Regional Technical School District is a great place to grow and learn.
- Tuesday, November 26: Annual Showcase Event; 11:15 AM Student Arrival
- Wednesday, November 27: 11:35 AM Student Dismissal
- Thanksgiving Day Football Game: 10 AM (home)
- Thanksgiving Recess: Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29: NO SCHOOL
- Monday, December 2: Winter Athletics Begin
- Tuesday, December 3: School Committee Meeting at 7 PM in W-218
- Wednesday, December 4: Football Banquet at the Randolph Elks 6:30 PM
- December 7: Boosters Holiday Fair (see below) and Free Family Movie by the Bank of Canton (See below)
- December 11: Abigail Adams Scholarship Ceremony in the Cafeteria at 8:30 AM
- December 19: Progress Reports
- December 20: 11:35 AM Dismissal
- December 23- January 1: Winter Recess--NO SCHOOL
- January 2: School Reopens
We wish all of our students, faculty, staff, families and community a Happy Thanksgiving. There is always something to be grateful for every day. Some things that I am thankful for:
- Supportive families, including my own
- A caring faculty and staff that helps our students, families and each other
- Most of our coaches are teachers here and they really know our student athletes
- Students who get the best of both worlds in career and technical education and watching them grow into productive citizens in our community
- Seeing all of the amazing products and services our students develop and deliver under the supervision of our master teachers
- The final phase of the building renovation is near
May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We hope to see you at the Thanksgiving game at 10 AM at home!
New Sign at the Main Entrance
The Main Entrance is estimated to be open on 12/2/19 and it will be open for one day during our Showcase event on Tuesday, November 26th. We are looking forward to seeing the new canopy. The District Offices, Business Office, and Cosmetology moved in on Tuesday, November 19 and Wednesday, November 20. Culinary Arts program is going to have their epoxy floors fixed the week December 3, 4 and 5. Chateau will most likely open after winter recess. We thank you for your continued patience and support. To see progress with our Massachusetts School Building Authority's project checkout school renovation for information.
Advisory Board Dinner
Showcase: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
First, eighht graders were greeted by our student ambassadors on the bus. Eight graders participated in three CTE programs for 30 minute sessions and they heard from our high school students, academic teachers, and our technical teachers. Each CTE program had 3-5 activities prepared for our eighth grade guests while technical teachers supervised.
Eighth graders learned our graduation rate is about 100% and that our students perform at a high level on the MCAS and other exams. Students also get their own Chromebook. Blue Hills students earn a high school diploma with a certificate of proficiency in their CTE program. We have sports, extra curricular activities, a travel abroad opportunity in senior year, paid co-op and internship opportunities in junior and senior year, too. Come check out our competitive advantage and go on to college or the workforce.
Applications are due on or before December 20, 2019. Eighth grade students may apply online at https://bluehills.go2cte.com/
Ms. Titus, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Martins, Ms. O'Reilly, Mr. Manders and Mr. Davis (left to right)
Culinary Arts Cupcake and Cookie Decorating
Drafting / CAD
SkillsUSA Fall State Leadership Conference
- Riana Jean-Louis
- Torri Carter
- Kayla Anastasio
- Jamillia Ross
- Jaylin Brown
- Anthony Millwood
- Galen Galeotos
- Chris Alcimbert
Below are some photos from Ms. Lavoie, SkillsUSA Adviser.