September Parent Newsletter
Students who participate in the fundraiser will have the opportunity to collect Pandamonium collectables and a Monster Party Limo ride!
All money raised goes directly back into our school for items such as student incentives and campus/classroom equipment additions!
We appreciate your support!
The Big Kahuna Fundraiser will run from September 2nd-September 23rd. Items estimated delivery date is October 18th. Big Kahuna Party Bus date: Wednesday, 10/19.
Visit Big Kahuna Website here: https://bigkahunaprime.com/
All proceeds from the book fair go back into purchasing new books for the library at Reno Elementary
The Importance of Pre-Registering for Events and Being On Time
Those who choose not to pre-register will be required to stand in a line and have their license scanned through our system. There will be a wait time and your time with your student may be shortened.
Guests should be on time, as being late will result in shorter time with students. Students will return to class at the end of their lunch time to resume class.
Pre-Register for Grandparents Day here: https://tinyurl.com/bdf2bdn9
Pre-Register for Million Father March here: https://tinyurl.com/bdducu63
Order Your Personalized Water Bottle!!!!!
Order your bottle here: https://bigkahunaprime.net/renoelementary/waterbottlesale
Mark Your Calendars
Important School Info
Please also fill out and return the District Background Check paperwork found here to the Reno Elementary Front Office: https://www.springtownisd.net/cms/lib3/TX21000442/Centricity/Domain/15/DPS_Background_Form_English.pdf
Car Tags Are Required at Reno Elementary
If you have not received a car tag, please come into the office and get one.
After the first car tag is given out, additional car tags can be purchased for $2.
Vehicles with no car tags will be required to park, enter the office and show a form of photo identification.
Scroll to Reno Menus *If your child is in Pre-K, scroll down to Pre-K menus
Breakfast and Lunch Prices
Meal Prices will be as follows for the 2022-2023 year:
PK - 4th Paid: $3.00
PK - 12th Reduced: $0.40
The link for the Free and Reduced Applications is now available:
Students do have the option to purchase items such as chips and/or ice cream with a note that states the have parent permission to purchase these items. This note will be kept on file all year.
The prices for snacks are as follows:
Ice cream $1.50
Pop Tart $1.00
- Upcoming events
- Graded papers
- Progress Reports (every 5th week of the 9 weeks). This will let you know the progress your student is making before the report card is sent home the 9th week of school.
- Report Cards go out every nine weeks.
- Other important school announcements
1) At the elementary level, students are considered absent if they come to school 20 minutes after the start of the school day or if they are checked out from school 20 minutes before the end of the school day.
-Upon returning to school after being absent, late to school, leaving early from school, or sent home, the student must bring a note that is signed by the parent/guardian that describes the reason for the absence
-When a student incurs three or more unexcused absences within a four-week period, the law requires the school to send notice to the parent. The notice will:
- Remind the parent of his or her duty to monitor the student’s attendance and require the student to attend school;
- Request a conference between school administrators and the parent; and
- Inform the parent that the district will initiate truancy prevention measures.
A court of law may impose penalties against the parent if a school-aged student is deliberately not attending school. The district may file a complaint against the parent if the student incurs ten or more unexcused absences within a six-month period in the same school year.
2) Attendance for Credit or Final Grade (All Grade Levels) To receive credit or a final grade in a class, a student must attend the class at least 90 percent of the days it is offered. A student who attends fewer than 90 percent of the days the class is offered will be referred to the attendance review committee. The committee will determine whether there are extenuating circumstances for the absences and how the student can regain credit or a final grade.
Family Access is a website that allows you to keep up with your child's grades. If you do not have Family Access and would like to sign up, return this form to Joann Reyna @email@example.com