Preventing falls, bruises, & back injuries
- Not cleaning up spills immediately
- Walking on a wet floor, and through floor clutter
- Not using a sturdy ladder or step stool to reach high shelves, and using chairs
- Not choosing a nonskid kitchen rug
- Storing heavy items out of reach and lifting them without care
- Keeping drawers and cabinet doors open
Stay clear of wet floors
Keep an eye out for any spills.
Watch your step and watch for any caution signs.
Be careful in the kitchen and watch your step.
- Clean up spills immediately
- Never walk on a wet floor. Clear away floor clutter.
- Use a sturdy ladder or step stool to reach high shelves. Chairs tip over easily.
- Choose kitchen rugs with nonskid backing
- Store heavy items within reach. Lift them with care.
- Close drawers and cabinet doors after you open them.