Redhawk Reader

November 22, 2019

Mrs. Akers' Top Three - Ep. #213 - 11/22/19

Field Day Postponed

We have been closely following multiple weather forecasts. Some say 70% chance of rain tomorrow, and others only 30%. We considered a shortened Field Day for all students - squeezing all in by 12:30, but the chance of rain increases in all predictions at lunch - so this adjustment would leave all students with a short field day and still the chance of the second group being rained out. We know that this is disappointing, but wanted to make a call so parents and volunteers can change their plans and hopefully be able to join us when we reschedule.


Although it will be a regular school day tomorrow for students, our cafeteria did not order any hot lunches and only has enough boxed lunches for those that pre-ordered with the Field Day Lunch order form. Please send your child with a lunch from home if that was your plan for field day.


Again, we are so sorry to postpone, but based on current weather reports, we believe that one or more of our Field Day events would be rained out and we would have to make them up. We know that the weather can change on a dime and hope you will be understanding that we did not take this decision lightly but chose to do what we thought was best for our students to get a full, fun field day.


Thank you so much for your continued support of Rennell!


Big picture

Akers' All-Stars

Students are nominated for this Principal’s recognition award for going above and beyond our school expectations - those who exhibit leadership, kindness, and extraordinary character!


We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:

Camille Lattibeaudiere

Ivanka Lopez

Joshua Medrano

Maria Rahman

Addison Than

Madelyn Wang

Tyson Williams

Yearbooks

2019-2020 Yearbooks are NOW ON SALE!
Don't Delay! Order TODAY!

https://www.balfour.com/texas/cypress/rennell-elementary

Big picture

Dance Teams

Redhawk and REDS Dance Teams will both have their first performance on Saturday, December 14th.

Event: Cy-Hoops

Time: Arrive at 12:50pm (Game starts at 1:00 / Performance at 1:30/1:40)

Place: The Berry Center

Our School Vision

Big picture

Join PTO!

Please consider joining our Rennell PTO! You can do so by going to rennellpto.membershiptoolkit.com
Big picture
Big picture
Big picture