student-focused child-centered provincial resource program
We welcome your questions and comments. Please address them to one of the program's contacts.
Self-concept is how your child sees himself. Here is some helpful information.
Self-concept is a big topic! Refer to the age-specific web pages on this site for more information on assessing and supporting children and adolescents improve their self-concept.
resources for youth with hearing loss
Here is a wide range of resources for youth with hearing loss to help support and empower you at school, in your career planning and at work. It is designed for a broad range of individuals with hearing loss regardless of your communication preferences.
You'll find answers to your questions about:
- career planning to help you better prepare for higher education or for employment
- disclosing your hearing loss
- jobs that require minimal use of hearing
- how to assess your best employment options
- how to access appropriate accommodations (i.e. notetaking services) at college or university
- how to find out if a college or university provides good access services
- the best technology available to improve your communication access
The topics covered are: