Evaluate Careers and how technology is used
#1. Learn Presentation Software
Be sure to make AT LEAST 70% on all videos and quizzes.
Be sure to read and follow directions when done.
Interest Profiler Results
Next few screens- READ!
Follow on screen instructions clicking "NEXT" to get to jobs.
READ all 5 Job Zones
Use the numbers at the top-->Scroll numbers at the top 1-5 can be adjusted to read about the different Job Zones
Select a job zone
choose the job zone that best fits you.
**Find a Career that fits your interest**
If needed adjust the job zone choice by choosing a different number on the scroll (1-5)
You will choose ONE job from the list to do research over!
*Screen shot the job zone that has the career you are choosing*
READ all 5 Job Zones
Create & Give a Presentation :
#3. Pick a presentation software to use.
You will create a presentation using either
The presentation must include:
- Title page- include your chosen career (from your results)
- your name
- formatting--->font size/color changes
- answers to questions 1-12
- be creative.
- Bibliography page at the END
(**Be sure to save all the links you use to get your information for your bibliography page!**)
- Be sure to answer all the questions below over your chosen Career.
#4. Research your chosen Career -
Researching your Career
- Description or definition of the career
- Describe what types of activities are done in this career
- Describe the place & conditions in which a person would work (office, outside,etc.)
- What type of clothing would be worn for this job
- What is the starting salary-Would you be paid overtime or get a set salary
- What training is needed?
- Would you need 2yr., 4yr college, technical school, or an apprenticeship
- What other jobs could you do with the training received for this job?
- What are the future predictions for employment (is the number of jobs growing)
- Describe how they use technology in this job- does it make their jobs easier
- Do they use technology in training or career readiness
- Why are you interested in this job
#5. Answer the following questions in your presentation with your opinions
1. Why/How is technology important for college & career readiness- 1 example/1slide
2. Why/How is technology important to life long learning- 1 example/1slide
3. Why/How is technology important for daily living.- 1 example/1slide
*HELP*----___EXAMPLES:Bibliography (last slide)
**Use a gdoc to copy/paste all the links you use- all your sources OR bookmark them**
#6 Turn in project on GClassroom
- If made through emaze (OR prezi) turn in link (ADD--->LINK)
- If made through keynote -save to desktop- turn in (ADD-->FILE)
--Keynote does NOT save- FIle/Save or Command+s
- If made through GSLides (gclassroom-CREATE-SLIDES) just hit " Turn in"
--Google saves by itself