First Grade News
1/5 - 1/1/8
1/5 - Welcome Back and Happy New Year!
1/7 - Wear Camouflage Day
Spelling Words - We will have a test on Friday
Optional Challenge Words
Language Arts/Social Studies
- I can reread and use clues to draw conclusions about a character's actions or an event in the plot.
- I can segment words with long o, long e, into individual sounds.
- I can isolate the beginning sounds of words.
- I can use vocabulary to help understand poetry selection.
- I can understand a fiction story.
- I can isolate medial sounds in words.
- I can describe my family traditions.
- I can explain the way folktales and fables reflect beliefs, customs, language, and traditions of communities.
- I can group 3 numbers and add them in any order.
- I can solve word problems with 3 addends.
- I can make my own fact families.
- I can count by twos, fives, and tens.
- I can begin to communicate my understanding about the importance of Earth's materials.
- I can explore how the properties of materials can have an impact on the final product.