Mrs. Franklin's Fabulous 1st Grade
A Note From Mrs. Franklin
Our field trip to Clowes Hall to see Elephant and Piggie is this Wednesday! We will be eating in the classroom at 10:00 prior to leaving for the show. All students should bring a lunch from home to eat in class. Please also send in a snack for your child for the afternoon. We will have time to eat a snack when we return, I am sure we will have lots of hungry tummies eating lunch so early!
Valentine's Day- We will not have a Valentine's party in class, however students will be able to exchange Valentine cards with each other. I will send home a class list to help your child with addressing the cards. Please do not send any Valentines that contain candy to share with friends.
We will be working with sound and vibrations in the coming weeks during science. One of our activities requires the use of toilet paper/paper towel tubes. If you are able, please send those in with your kiddo this week or next.
Our Goals this Week:
- Sound chunks: au, wh
- Sight Words: try, their, when, where, about
- Contractions and Compound Words
- Reading: Breaking Bad Habits when we come to a tricky word- instead, look at the picture, look for hunks and chunks in the word, ask yourself: does it look right? does it sound right? does it make sense?
- Writing: Writing Poetry
- Math: Measurement- Comparing lengths
Special Area Schedule
Monday- Day 6- Art
Tuesday- Day 1 Music-Library
Wednesday- Day 2 Gym
Thursday- Day 3 Art
Friday- Day 4 Music
Word Wall Words
try, their, when, where, about
I Wonder... Questions to Start Thinking and Discussion
I wonder why I can't feel by body get taller...
Our Class Wish List
* white card stock
* small prizes for our class treasure chest
* small instruments- cow bell, triangle, cymbals, rhythm sticks, shaker...
*scrapbook paper- hearts, pinks, reds, ect.