Photosynthesis Lab Experiment
Color of light effects on photosynthesis by Cameron/Garrett.
Parts of the experiment
independent variable - the color of light
control - plant with white light
experimental group - the plants that receive the colored light.
factors held constant - light intensity, amount of water, temperature in the room, carbon dioxide concentration in room, and type of soil
- plastic cups with soil about 3/4 full.
- push one seed 1/2 inch into the soil. then add 1/4 cop of water
- take the shoeboxes and cut off one short side end.
- label each box with the color cellophane that will be covering it.
- put one plant in each box.
- tape one color of cellophane yo each box(one color per box)one box will have no color and will be used as the control
- place the boxes in area where they will all get an equal amount of light
- give plants same amount of water each day
- record growth of plants each day by measuring the length of the plant,the number of leaves, and the size of the leaves
- tou can use a camera to take pictures which will show the growth of the plants.
observation and data
Observations(recorded in note book)
Where we got our information