Family Mustang Memo
MGMS Parent/Guardian Newsletter February 1-15
In This Issue....
- Upcoming Dates..........Updated
- Chromebook Problems
- Important to Note......New
- Attendance Reminder
- Free Dental Care......New
- Help is Available..........New
- 8th Grade Registration Information........New
- Yearbook Photographers Needed
- Distance Learning Academy Material Pickup
- Time to Order a Yearbook
- PACT Information...........Updated
- Picture Retakes..............New
- Media Center News
- Connect With Your Counselor
- Who to Contact
February 8 - Licensed Staff Workshop - NO SCHOOL
February 8 - PACT Meeting 6:30-8:00 PM
February 12 - NO SCHOOL - Teachers prepare to return to the building
February 15 - President's Day - NO SCHOOL
February 16 - NO SCHOOL - Teachers prepare to return to the building
February 17 - Students in Group A Return to School
February 18 - Students in Group B Return to School
Important To Note
- Monday, February 8: No school for students (licensed staff workshop)
- Friday, February 12: No school for students (teachers preparing to return to Hybrid) - DLA students have school
- Monday, February 15: No school (President’s Day)
- Tuesday, February 16: No School for students (teachers preparing to return to Hybrid) - DLA students have school
- Wednesday, February 17: Students return to school in the Hybrid Model (Day A students)
- Thursday, February 18: Students return to school in the Hybrid Model (Day B students)
Free Dental Care
Help is Available
The Family School Coordinator program is a service made possible by the Northwest Hennepin Family Service Collaborative in partnership with Prairie Care, a psychiatric group that provides mental health care for children, adolescents, and adults across Minnesota.
Family School Coordinators can offer the following to students in need:
1. Provide skills-based support for students struggling with (for example) anxiety, sadness,
lack of motivation, attendance, or work completion
2. Work closely with teachers and other school staff to support and improve functioning in
3. Team with the student, family members, and school staff to address mental health
4. Assist families in navigating through the array of school and community support
5. Offer referrals to other, more intensive services if/when needed
Please reach out to your school social worker or counselor if you are interested in this service for your student. To determine if your student is a good fit for the program, you can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Randi Ordner MA, LMFT
8th Grade Registration Information
8th grade students will be registering for high school the first part of February. Materials were mailed to the student’s home on January 22. If you did not receive the information, please refer to the links below.
Media Center News
Every Wednesday, students have an opportunity to explore digital resources available through our district and state resources. Mrs. Perusse, our MGMS Media Specialist meets with 6th and 7th graders from 10:45-11:15 and 8th graders from 12:00-12:30 over a Google Meet. Please signup on the mailing list below to receive information on upcoming events.
Here's the link to the mailing list:
Two More Ways To Connect With Your Counselor
Virtual Hall Duty
Our fabulous counselors at MGMS have virtual hall duty every morning Monday-Friday from 7:50-8:10 AM. Click on the link below to stop and say "hi".
The MGMS "Virtual Cafe" has opened!
School Counselors are offering this as another time to connect with us and peers. (This, like the "Virtual Hall Duty" time M-F 7:50-8:10am, is optional.)
The MGMS "Virtual Cafe" is open Mondays + Thursdays.
Joining details, by grade, are below.
+The 6th grade "Virtual Cafe" is open Mondays + Thursdays from 10:40-11:00am and you can join us with this link: https://meet.google.com/sdv-wbky-wjc
+The 7th grade "Virtual Cafe" is open Mondays + Thursdays from 11:00-11:20am and you can join us with this link: https://meet.google.com/zst-abkf-ayr
+The 8th grade "Virtual Cafe"is open Mondays + Thursdays from 12:00-12:20pm and you can join us with this link: https://meet.google.com/gyb-vggh-fdp
WHO TO CONTACT
School Phone: 763-315-7600...............................Website: http://mgms.district279.org
Attendance: 763-315-7603………………………………..Transportation: 763-391-7244
Kaia Paquin, Counselor 6th Grade .......Email: PaquinK@district279.org
Jennifer Hinker, Assistant Principal......Email: HinkerJ@district279.org
Katie Gerdts, Counselor 7th Grade.....Email: GerdtsK@district279.org
Cedric Fuller, Assistant Principal……..Email: FullerC@district279.org
Kaia Paquin, Counselor 8th Grade A-F.......Email: PaquinK@district279.org
Katie Gerdts, Counselor 8th Grade G-K......Email: GerdtsK@district279.org
Caleb Willis, Counselor 8th Grade L-Z & DLA C-K.......Email: WillisC@district279.org
Patrick Smith, Principal .....Email: SmithPatrick@district279.org
Student Management Specialists Assist With All Grades
Nathanial Davies – Email: DaviesN@district279.org
DeAndre Mills – Email: MillsD@district279.org
District Tip Line.........763-391-8660