$50k non-taxable expense account
$100,000 personal food, travel, and entertainment account
White House (movie theater, bowling alley, tennis court, putting green, staff)
Air Force One, Marine 1, Presidential limousine
Camp David-Presidential retreat home
Medical and dental care
Secret service protection
1. Commander in Chief (D)
2. Commission all military officers of the United States (D)
3. Make treaties with advice and consent of the Senate (J)
4. Receive ambassadors (E)
5. Appoint ambassadors, federal judges, and Supreme Court Justices (D)
6. Deliver annual State of the Union Address (D)
7. Call either or both houses Congress into special sessions (E)
8. Ensure that all laws passed by Congress are carried out (E)
9. Appoint heads of Executive departments (J)
10. Grant pardons and reprieves (D)
Judicial Legislative: (J)
The most important Constitutional Power of the President is that they ensure all laws passed by Congress are carried out. This is important because we need a President to ensure that our rights and laws the protection us as a nation are being followed and carried out.
Roles of the President
1. Party Leader: help members of political party get elected or appointed to office. (example: choosing leading party members to serve in the cabinet)
2. Commander in Chief: commander in chief of the U.S. armed forces. (example: inspecting a Navy yard)
3. Chief Executive: empowered to administer laws and affairs of the nation. (example: appointing the head of the CIA)
4. Chief of State: represent the United States at public events. (example: greeting visitors to the White House)
5. Chief Diplomat: interacting with leaders from other countries (example: traveling to London to meet with the Prime Minister)
6. Chief Legislator: the president can not make laws, but can voice his own ideas and opinions. (example: Signing or vetoing a bill passed by congress)
change the current immigration policy that will improve it by amending or reform faults or abuses.
As President of the United States I would allow immigrants to be in our country. To make it so we don't have as many illegal immigrants who could get in trouble I would make it much easier to become a legal immigrant. According to the graph on the side a large majority of the population believes that they should be allowed in the United States.
who: Immigrants (Illegal and legal)
what: make it legal for them to be in our country
when: when i come president
where: The United States
why: These immigrants who are coming to the United States are coming here for a reason and we should allow them to be here so they can live a good life.
I would use leadership qualities that the population wants the President to possess to help me solve this issue. I would use my ability to unify the nation to come together and explain why I believe this issue should be solved this way. I would use my role of Chief Legislator to voice my ideas and opinions on this topic, and sign a bill that would help me achieve this.