Jobs for DAWGS
8.31.15 Alumni Career Services
University of Georgia Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
- Webinar: Strategic Planning for Your Career, Sept. 2nd
- Finding a Meaningful Career Workshop- Sept. 22nd
- Webinar: Assessing Your Interests to Research Careers, September 23rd
- Calling alumni volunteers! UGA Virtual Networking Hour with UGA students
- Participate in #UGAJobChat hosted by UGA Career Center!
- Full-Time Positions
- Check out opportunities with: Jamison Shaw Hairdressers, AIESEC, and Spanx.
- Veterans: Check out Hire Heroes USA
Career Fairs & Networking Events
- UGA Fall Career Fair, Sept. 16th
- UGA Law School Open House
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
- Jewish Family & Career Services Employment Workshop Series
- The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
- Government & Nonprofit
- Recorded webinar: Top Five Reasons to Attend a Career Fair
ALUMNI CAREER SERVICES FALL PROGRAMS
Webinar: Strategic Planning for Your Career
Wednesday, Sep. 2nd, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Click here to register!
Finding a Meaningful Career Workshop
When: Tuesday, September 22nd 4:00-6:00pm
Where: Atlanta Alumni Center Suite 870, 3475 Lenox Rd. NE; Atlanta, GA 30326
Cost: $65 The cost will cover two assessments and light snacks.
About: This workshop will allow UGA alumni to use both the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to consider how their interests, personality, and values play into their career satisfaction. Bethany Mills, Director of Alumni Career Services, will interpret both assessments for the group and provide activities to navigate career exploration. The session will be both informative and interactive and will allow participants to share insights and network with one another. In addition, participants will leave with an action plan for their career and some basic job search strategies to begin their new path. Registration will be limited to 12 spaces. I look forward to seeing you there!
**If you have any issues with registration, please contact Bethany Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar: Assessing Your Interests to Research Careers
Wednesday, Sep. 23rd, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Click here to register!
Calling UGA Alumni Volunteers!
You're invited to UGA Virtual Networking Hour, called Advice from the Big Dawgs, which is an opportunity for you to give advice and words of wisdom to current UGA students. The event will be held during the lunch hour on Wednesday, September 30th from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. EST
How does it work?
Chats will be limited to 10 minutes, and will randomly connect you with up to six students in one hour. Choose to share advice and wisdom with students in any of the industry areas below.
- Arts, Media, and Communications
- Business and Economics
- Education, Training, and Social Services
- Health Sciences, Nursing, Medicine, and Public Health
- Public Policy, Government, Law, and International Development and Affairs
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Learn more at alumni.uga.edu/virtualnetworking!
UGA Career Center is moderating #UGAJobChat for students- Participate!
(This is just a few of the 770+ full-time and part-time listings, Log into DAWGlink to apply!)
DAWGlink #68063, Agronomist
Lakeland Management, LLC
DAWGlink #68013, Recruiter
Direct Search AllianceDAWGlink #54806, 54807, 54808, 54809, Teachers
Gwinnett County Public Schools
DAWGlink #67721, Analyst
DAWGlink #68653, Associate Attorney
Jimerson & Cobb, P.A.
DAWGlink #57100, Data Stage Developer
DAWGlink #67691, Entry Level Software Engineers
JRN ENGINNERING CONSULTING
DAWGlink #67379, Human Resource/Environmental, Safety & Health Specialist
Nakanishi Manufacturing Corporation
DAWGlink #67829, PROJECT MANAGER, CONSTRUCTION
DAWGlink #67958, Seasonal Team Member
DAWGlink #67514, STAT Budget Analyst
Athens Regional Health System
DAWGlink #58046, Technology Risk Consultant
Greene County High School is hiring teachers!
Cobb County Schools is hiring teachers!
- To apply, go to https://star.cobbk12.org/JobPost/Jobpost.exe.
TIP: When using DAWGlink, make sure to use the "Advanced Search" feature to choose "Alumnus" class level and "Full time" as position type. Remember that you can also use keywords to find jobs in your interest area or you may search geographically with a zip code and # miles within radius.
CAREER FAIRS & NETWORKING EVENTS
UGA Fall Career Fair
Wednesday, Sep. 16th, 12-5pm
300 North Thomas Street
Meet with recruiters seeking students and alumni to fill both internship and full time opportunities. Please dress professionally and bring copies of your resume! Check here to get a list of registered employers who will be attending.
Shuttles will run from campus to the Classic Center between 11:30am and 5:00pm.
Bus stops for students include: Memorial Hall, Bio-Science, Physics, across from the Library, Classic Center
Recommended dress for this event: Business Professional
This event is sponsored by the UGA Career Center
Georgia Law School Open House
Prospective students are invited to attend a class (optional) and an information session, followed by an informal reception with current students.
October 8th: Open house is open to all prospective students, including UGA students who could not make the first event.
Make a Career Counseling Appointment through DAWGLink
The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
The Iron Yard Atlanta is offering a $1000 scholarship to members of the UGA Alumni Association to attend one of their immersive courses in software engineering or design at their Downtown Atlanta Location. Enrollment is still open for their next course in Front End Engineering, starting June 29. From those looking to dip their toe into the world of software to those who want to dive deep and find a fulfilling job, there's a place at The Iron Yard. The options on their course pathway meet you wherever you're at and guide you to the next step of your journey. Read more at:
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
Alumni Webinar: Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Alumni Career Fair
* All UGA Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS (Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.)
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.