The Jungle Book
Mrs. Knueven's Classroom Newsletter
5/11 Famous Hoosiers Dress Rehearsal
5/12 Famous Hoosiers Wax Museum
5/13 WTW Quizzes
5/19 Unit 6, Lesson 4-6 Indiana History Test
5/20 WTW Quizzes
5/20 Unit 16 Wordly Wise Test
5/20 Field Day
5/23 Unit 10 Math Test
5/26 4th Grade Graduation (morning)
5/26 4th Grade Final Dance Through the Hallways (afternoon)
Have a wonderful summer!
Grammar: We will spend the last few weeks reviewing all of the grammar concepts we have learned this year. We reviewed phrases today and were a little rusty!
Wordly Wise: 16 A&B will be due on Friday. 16 C&D will be due next Thursday, 5/19. Our final test of the year will be on Friday, 5/20.
WTW: We will have Words Their Way quizzes on Friday.
Writing: Almost everyone has finished their Famous Hoosier book. I am so proud of all of the hard work they put into them!
We are finishing our figurative language activities this week.
We will begin our last section of Indiana History on Friday covering Economics. The test over this section will be on Thursday, 5/19.
We began our final math unit on Monday. The kids always enjoy this one as they get to use reflective mirrors to explore symmetry of shapes. The unit assessment will take place on Monday, 5/23. It will cover the following concepts:
- Drawing shapes with a specified number of lines of symmetry
- Identifying translations, rotations, and reflections
- Using a transparent mirror to draw a reflection
- Equivalent fractions, decimals, and percents (from the chart I sent home last chapter)
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Adding positive and negative numbers
- Identifying and measuring angles
- Multiplying and dividing decimals