Sunset Valley Elementary 1/25/19
- Well, I was hoping today would be another KC Chiefs Red Friday....
- Due to the snow day on January 23rd, the last day of school is now Thursday, May 23, 2019. It will be an early release day. Wednesday, May 22 will resume late-start status.
- Here is the schedule for the February 14 Valentine's Day Parties at SVE!!
- Souper Bowl of Caring: This is a joint venture between Nutrition Council and Student Council. We have participated in this event for several years. The collection of food for LS Social Services will be from Monday, January 28th till Monday, February 4th. Students may place food in barrels depicting which team they choose to win the Super Bowl.
- Kindergarten Round-Up: is Thursday, March 28th from 5:00-6:30.
Hour of Power Mentoring Program
Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is pleased to launch our new hOur Power mentoring program. We have the collective power to impact the lives of our students and we are excited to open another avenue for bringing the community into our schools. The launch of this partnership will allow mentors to spend up to an hour a week supporting our students. The hOur Power program has been designed to engage, inspire and connect caring and talented individuals in our community through a variety of mentoring and volunteer opportunities that positively influence the academic success of Lee’s Summit R-7 students.
The steps to becoming an hOur Power mentor for interested individuals are listed below.
- Complete an hOur Power application online at lsr7.net
- Complete R-7 background check requirements
- Attend a mentor training session
- Get matched with a R-7 student
- Mentoring commences
For more information about hOur Power or to start the application process to become a mentor in our school district, visit our district website: https://www3.lsr7.org/hour-power/. We look forward to welcoming our community into our schools to see first-hand the collective power of community supporting our students through mentoring. Thank you for your help in making this program a success!