RES' 2nd Grade Newsletter
Week 14: - November 20th- December 4th, 2015
8TH Annual KISD Film Festival
- This is the eighth year of the Film Festival, and entries are due after Winter Break, so now is the time to start working on your films!
- 7 entry categories to choose from – Story, Documentary, Comedy, PSA Plus, Animation, Music Video and a new “Day in the Life” category.
- Enter on your own, with your friends, or work with your teacher for a class-produced entry.
- Lots of prizes and awards to be won, and finalists will be honored at an Oscars-style Awards Ceremony, again to be held at Cinemark Alliance's spectacular XD theater, complete with red carpet and photo opportunities.
- All the information can be found on the website www.kellerisd.net/film.
This Week's Units of Study:
Spelling: r controlled vowel
Grammar: Prepositions & Prepositional Phrases
Writing: Personal Narrative
Science: Weather & graphing data
November Birthday Wall of Fame:
Mrs. Fite's Class:
Mrs. Hord's Class:
Jack R. 11/27
Mrs. Martinez's Class:
Mrs. Miller's Class:
Mrs. Ripple's Class:
Divit P 11/20
Anson H 11/24
Ms. Sanderson's Class:
Michaela D 11/12
Leah N 11/12
Mrs. Wolan's Class:
Kaia A 11/11
Upcoming Events in Second Grade:
- 2nd Grade Theatre Performance @6:00 PM
- Thanksgiving break
- Early Release @12
December 21-January 4th:
- Winter Break
impossible:it cannot be done
treasures: special or valuable things
talent: very good at something
pleasant: nice to hear, smell, touch, taste, or look at.