September 28, 2015
Get the 411...Information at a Glance
Week at a Glimpse
10:35 Third Grade Data PLC
1:15 Kindergarten Data PLC
11:00-1:00 Data Walks @ Woodland (Christy out of the building)
2:30- 3:15 Assembly: Chinese Acrobats
8:30 Specials PLC
9:30 Fourth Grade Data PLC
11:40 Fifth Grade Data PLC
12:45 Second Grade Data PLC
2:15 First Grade Data PLC
9:30 Office Staff Meeting
10:00 Elementary Principal PLC (Christy out of the building)
This week's PLC
OPS Technology Update
Technology Division WebsiteOPS Technology Department is also announcing a new Technology Division website. This website is currently accessible under the O-Zone and provides assistance for building technology questions un-related to classroom/instructional technology integration such as Synergy, VoIP, etc.
The first full week in October is bully awareness week for Kansas. We will be having a spirit week the week of October 5th- 9th to support bully awareness.
Please add these days into your newsletter and remind stduents.
Monday: Crazy Sock Day : Sock it to bullying
Tuesday: Favorite Sport or Team Day: Team up against Bullying
Wednesday: Hat Day, Keep a Lid on Bullying
Thursday: Pajama Day, Put Bullying to Bed
Friday: Tomahawk Shirt, Include everyone day
Let it G.L.O.W ~ Generate Loads of Wonder
Monday: What is a manicure?
Tuesday: Are all diseases contagious?
Wednesday: Why can’t dogs eat chocolate?
Thursday: What is a CAPTCHA?
Friday: Do plants need haircuts?
What's Trending...Using BackChannels
- Poll students on a particular classroom event or on a decision regarding their learning
- Crowdsource feedback on learning activities and use this input to inform your future instructional strategies.
- Backchanneling empowers students voice and make them feel they are real participants in the knowledge building taking place in the class.
- Conduct informat assessments .
- Assess students prior knowledge about a given topic.
- Brainstorm ideas for a writing project.
- Encourage students to ask questions about anything they did not understand.
- Hold synchronous discussions of video content shared in class
- Organize real time discussions in class.
- Backchanneling is a good way to engage introverts and shy students in classroom conversations.
The GLOW Report
Sarah G., Mike, Wendy, and Jose~ Thank you for all your hard work setting up for the Rachel's Challenge Assembly~ Christy
Chenn and Wendy~ Greet job organizing and facilitating the Business Partner Luncheon~ Christy
Amy~ Thank you for stepping in to cover my dismissal duty while I was sick last week for so many days. It wasn't even a gym duty day for you and you still did it without hesitation., Thank you!~Sarah
Kelli~Thank you so much for all you do to help make scheduling our conferences so effortless. You are amazing!~Suzanne
First Friday's ~ Have a Drink on Me!
Thanks for all you do!