The Monkey Trial
- Taught evolution in his high school
- Believed in Darwinism
- Wanted the "15 minutes of fame"
William Jennings Bryan
- Believes in creationism
- Opposes Darrow
- 3 time presidential candidate and secretary of state
- A christian who wanted a constitutional amendment banning the teachings of evolution
- Chose this trial for his "15 minutes of fame"
- Was notorious for being agnostic and could turn anything against the other defendant
- Was able to prove 2 boys not guilty even after a confession in a previous trial
- Grew up in an atheist home