Week of October 25th through 29th
STRATEGIC THINKERS - - - EXCITED LEARNERS - - - SUCCESSFUL LEADERS
Administrators' Message 10/22/21
Dear Sandymount Families ~
In recent weeks, there has been a concern regarding the number of morning drop-off of students after 9:25. A friendly reminder that the parent drop-off doors close promptly at 9:25. The front doors/bus loop are not meant to be an extension of student drop-off. Parents, please park in the parking lot and walk your student to the building.
As of 10/11, parents/guardians are required to come inside of the building to sign their students in/out. Now that visitors can enter the building, we are no longer signing students in/out at the front doors. We kindly ask that you are prepared to have ID and wear a mask, per the state mandate.
Arriving at school by 9:25 allows your student ample time to get to their classroom and prepare to start the instructional day promptly at 9:00. Tardiness not only affects your student, but the classroom as well.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Have a great weekend!
- October 29th ~ Spirit Day - Wear orange and black
- October 29th ~ Vision & Hearing Rescreening
- November 4th ~ Picture Retake Day (more information will be sent soon)
- November 10th ~ 2 hour & 45 minute early dismissal (SES dismisses @ 1:15)
- November 17th ~ Parent Teacher Conferences In-Person (link to be sent at a later date)
- November 22nd ~ Parent Teacher Conferences In-Person (link to be sent at a later date)
- November 24th ~ 2 hour & 45 minute early dismissal (SES dismisses @ 1:15)
- November 25th ~ Schools/Offices Closed
- November 26th ~ Schools/Offices Closed
Attention 5th Graders! It is that time of the year for the yearbook cover contest! This year’s cover theme is “Community”, the coming together of people.
The rules are as follows:
- Your artwork should include the name of our school (Sandymount Elementary) the year (2021 – 2022) and our mascot, Chipper.
- It should show the theme for the year
- Your artwork needs to be on the 8.5 x 11 size paper can be provided by Mrs. Porter
- Your drawing needs to FILL THE SPACE!
- Your drawing should be fully colored or shaded and can be in any medium (marker, crayon, colored pencil, etc.)
- Your name should be written in PENCIL on the back of the paper
- All images used must be originally drawn and not traced
- Be creative and have fun!
The student whose cover is picked will receive a free yearbook! The second and third place winners will have their entries published in the yearbook.
DUE BY November 5th!!!
MUST BE HANDED IN TO MRS. PORTER
DON’T BE LATE!
Don’t forget to dress up and come Trunk or Treating tomorrow (Saturday 10/22).
The online class directory for Sandymount is run through Classroom Parent. Be sure to join so that you can communicate with your students’ classmates.
Shakira Murphy - Principal
Stacy Kowaleviocz - Assistant Principal
2222 Old Westminster Pike
Finksburg, MD 21048
Attendance only email: SESattendance@carrollk12.org
Website Address: www.carrollk12.org/ses
Sandymount PTA Website: http://www.sandymountpta.org
9:00 - School doors open for students
9:25 - Parent drop-off doors close
9:30 - Instruction begins
4:00 - Dismissal
Office Hours 8:00-4:30