Cougar Pride News
Conway Elementary School - November 6, 2023
Hello Cougar Families!
This week we will have an early release on Thursday and student led conferences will be held in the afternoon and evening. Please reach out to your child's classroom teacher if you have not already scheduled your conference time. Activities will be available for siblings in the cafeteria during your child's conference time. We have no school on Friday in observance of Veterans Day.
Please remember that this is our last week to register students in Grades 1-6 for skiing and snowboarding. We will do skating sign ups after Thanksgiving, but all students will be expected to skate if they are not skiing or snowboarding. Please see the message under CES Happenings from Alicia Hill - ESSC Coordinator for CES.
Every School Day Counts
It is so important that students are here every day because every school day counts. Students are much more successful academically when they are in school on a consistent basis, but they are also more successful socially as it takes time to build strong relationships with their teacher and peers.
School hours are 9:00AM - 3:15PM. If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to call the main office, prior to 9:00AM to let us know. The number is 603-447-3369.
Our students are learning and practicing social skills at school. Working and playing within various groups at school teaches students valuable skills for working with others. The goal for us as school staff is to teach students empathy, kindness and respectful resolution of differences. However, problems between students do occur at school. But what is the difference between bullying, conflict and unkind behavior?
Throughout the year we will practice conflict resolution skills, when and how to speak up for ourselves and others, and when to get help from one of our trusted adults. We will work on being respectfully assertive in our learning and our social interactions. We are also working on recognizing, reporting and refusing bullying with Second Step.
*Practicing assertiveness skills at home tip: Give your child different situations that they may encounter at school, have them practice asking for what they need or want in a clear, respectful manner (“may I please have a turn on the swing?”, “STOP, I don’t like that!”, “that is my pencil, may I have it back” or “Teacher, I need help”).
Do not hesitate to call the School Counselor, Mrs. Burke if your child is struggling socially or having issues with classmates, at 447-3360 x5181 or email@example.com
If you still need to register and have questions please be sure to reach out to me via my school email. firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder, I am available after 2:30 if you need help and want to meet in person at school. I will also be available to help during the student led conference evening next Thursday, November 9th. The 10th is the final day. Here is the ESSC Student Guide - essc 23-24 student guide (1).pdf
Thank you again for signing up your kiddos for this great program! Here is the link and forms with directions again in case you need them.
ESSC Coordinator for CES
A Message from Conway Rec
The Conway Parks and Recreation Department will be offering a new “Sandwich” program for the month of November.
The Rec. Dept will be offering K-1 Bowling at the Saco Valley Lanes in Fryeburg.
It will be broken into two (2) separate programs. On Mondays, the bowling
program will be for Conway Elementary students and on Tuesdays, it will be for the
Pine Tree students. The program is limited to the first 10 students to sign up from
each school. This four-week program will run from November 6th to the 27th for
Conway Elementary students and from November 7th to the 28th for the Pine Tree
students. Each student will bowl 2 strings per date and also receive a program T-
Shirt as well. The cost is $30.00 for the four-week program. The program will run from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
On Mondays, Conway Elementary kids will ride the Rec. van to and from the
Conway Rec. Dept. On Tuesday, the Pine Tree kids will be picked up after school by the van and returned to the Pine Tree school.
Please note that you must sign your child up on the correct day for that school.
- If you are picking up your student in the afternoons, please be sure to put out the name card up on your dashboard to be seen. Also, please keep two lanes of traffic until you reach the corner of the brown building (Music Room).
- Our main form of communication with parents is through email. Please make sure that your email is updated in PowerSchool. It is extremely important that we have all of your contact information in case of an emergency with your child. Please update any home or cell phone numbers in PowerSchool. We have found that many parents voice mailboxes are full or they have not set up their voicemail. We ask that you also update your emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- If there is a change in routine for your child's afternoon plans please communicate them with your child's teacher and the main office by sending a note into school, an email, or a phone call.
- Students may bring devices (phones, ipods, smart watches etc.) to school. However, the devices will be placed in backpacks for the duration of the school day. CES is not responsible for lost or missing items.
For any student to be able to receive free meals, families must take one of the following actions:
Enroll in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
This program can be applied for online at: NH EASY
Submit a meal benefit application to our school district
Applications can be submitted online at: EZMealApp
Funds can be added to student accounts online at any time at: EZSchoolPay
Funds can also be added to student accounts by check made out to Conway School District submitted to Conway Elementary.
- If you are searching for affordable internet and qualify for free/reduced lunch, check out www.GetMyInternet.org!