Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News March 21-25, 2016
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get ready.
Reading at home
Parents please remember that it is very important to read with your child at home. We have provided two important resources for reading this six weeks.
The sight word readers as well as new books that will be sent home.
Second, your child has access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through a tablet or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/ . Click on kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. Your child may read to you or read independently. Make sure your child is paying close attention as he/she is reading. In the 2nd level each child will have comprehension quizzes to complete to see if he/she understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Fairy Tales, Folk Tales and Fables
Focus Sight Words:
Adding detail to a story. Using correct spacing and sentences. Increasing understanding of word spelling.
Basic needs of plants and animals
- March 24 - K-2 Easter Egg Hunt
- March 25 - Good Friday - School Holiday
- March 29-30 - Closed Campus for STAAR testing. No guests will be allowed for lunch. Our campus will be a quiet place to help those taking the test not have any distractions. There will be no after school activities including Aspire this week.
- May 9-10 Closed Campus for STAAR testing. There will be no after school activities including Aspire this week.