Business Card Re-Do
Expanding on Principles of Design
With this project, you will be taking an existing business card, and creating a re-design of it in order to make it look better, and practice using your Principles of Design.
Project Start: Tuesday, November 17, 2015
DUE DATE: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 (at the end of the class period)
Pick a Card
Mrs. Carpenter has a wide selection of business cards available for you to choose from. Please BORROW one from her from the blue basket at the front of the room.
You will need to put this back in the basket at the front of the room each day so other classes may use the card as well.
Study Your Card...What Should Be Changed?
Before you get started, take a good analysis of the business card you chose to re-do.
- What type of information is available on the card?
- How is the card currently arranged?
- How does this card currently use Principles of Design?
- What can you change to make this card more exciting and eye catching?
Create your Page in Lucidpress
- Add the following app to your Google Drive: Lucidpress
- Create a new document using the following dimensions for your business card:
3.5" x 2"
- Below you will find a video tutorial on how to add Lucidpress and set up your document.
REQUIREMENTS - Design Your Card
When designing your card, here are the requirements:
- You must create the business card design in Lucidpress
- You must store this document in Google Drive in your Tech Apps folder and share this with Mrs. Carpenter.
- You must come up with a new style for your card. You do not necessarily have to change the order or pairing of the information--but it must look different than the original.
- The card must demonstrate the use of the CARP Principles of Design
Does your card have Contrast, Alignment, Repetition, & Proximity?
- When finished, download the file as a PNG, then re-upload the PNG to your Tech Apps folder, share it with Mrs. Carpenter, then place a link to the image in the Google Classroom turn in box.
- Upload the PNG file to the following Padlet so you can share your design with other classmates. http://padlet.com/christina_carp2/clrlhxbh6koa
My Card Has a Logo...How Do I Get That?
If your business card has a particular logo for a company--do not worry about this on Wednesday--you might want to leave a spot for it on the card, but we will discuss this on Thursday in class.