The Hillside Happenings!
Keeping Hillside Connected And Informed (23-24 V 15)
MINIMUM DAY ON NOVEMBER 17TH-NO LATE START FRIDAY
Yearbook Sale Ending Soon
Hillside sells out every year, so click this link to order soon.
Last Chance for Dedication Ads
Create your Recognition Ad by clicking this link .
PTSA November Newsletter
- Red's BBQ Fundraiser November 8th
- Nothing Bundt Cakes Fundraiser
- PTSA Reflection Winners
No School during Thanksgiving Week (November 20th-24th)
Items in previous editions
Reminder-Classes start at 9:00am on Friday
AERIES & GRADES (Semester 1)
Aeries is the tool where teachers communicate progress. Google Classroom is also a great way to stay up to date on assignments.
Progress Reports are announced at:
- 5 Week Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 9/11 (teachers update grades in Aeries 8/31-9/8)
- 10 Week Quarter Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 10/19 (teachers update grades 10/6-10/18)
- 15 Week Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 11/13 (teachers update grades 11/3-11/12)
- Semester 1 Grades viewable in Aeries on 1/9 (teachers update grades 12/14-1/8)
CELL PHONE Policy
In an effort to provide the best academic environment for our students, one that is free of distractions, cell phones should be off and put away during the Bell Schedule day.
- Electronic devices may be used before school starts, but may not be used during the school day.
- Policy found in Student Handbook
AERIES DATA Confirmation
Simi Valley Unified District will be utilizing the Aeries computer system again this year for your child’s academic progress, as well as health, contact information and communication. It is required that all families complete the data confirmation in the Aeries portal before school begins on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
NOTE: When updating contact information, it would be helpful to use a cell phone number as the primary number. This will allow you to receive the text messages the school sends out. If you need assistance logging into the Aeries Parent Portal, our school office will reopen on July 24th
How Early Can I arrive on Campus?
- Students who attend 0 period classes can arrive at 6:45am in the morning on Monday-Thursday.
- At 7:30am we open the cafeteria for early arrival students and for those who want to get breakfast on Monday-Friday.
- At 7:45am (Monday-Thursday) we open the main gate to the campus.
- On Friday we open gate opens at 8:40 am.
Support The PTSA
MEMBERSHIPGreat schools have a connected community. By becoming a member of the PTSA, you are supporting the connectedness that helps make Hillside Middle School a great place to learn and grow. Families can join using this link.