Burleson Elementary News
November, 19, 2020
ENJOYING OUR NEW PLAYGROUND!!
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Ii.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 14.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log in purple folder.
- Bring water bottle every day.
Thank you for sending snacks for our Thanksgiving celebration and for all your support!
Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!!
Mrs. A 😊
Thank you for all your donations for the food drive. Kinder earned second place, yay!
I am so proud of how much this class has grown and learned so far this year! They are almost halfway through Kindergarten, wow!
Remember, sight word test tomorrow!! Over the break continue reading and writing sight words, counting to 100, and reading, reading, reading. Their exposure to books is so important! I can't wait to see everyone back on December 1st.
I hope you all have a restful and safe Thanksgiving break. Thank you for all you do for your child's education. I am so honored to be their teacher! Message me if you need anything!
Over the break please continue to practice all the sight words in the bag. We will be testing over all 75 before Christmas break. You have the spelling list for the test on December 4. Don't forget to read and fill in your chart for the BookIt pizza coupon. Please turn the chart in on the Tuesday we return.
If you haven't placed your book order, you have until tomorrow afternoon.
Have a restful Thanksgiving break!
* We will be testing on +12 tomorrow. We will spend time reviewing addition facts for several weeks before moving on to subtraction facts in January.
* Study the spelling words, sentences, and phonics rules for a test each Friday.
* Bring your library book to school every day. READ, READ, READ!
* Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
* Meadow FFA worked hard to collect food items for their Thanksgiving Food boxes. Thank you all for supporting their efforts. We came in third place with 82 items being donated.
Enjoy your time off during the Thanksgiving holiday!. We are looking forward to a strong finish to the fall semester when we return to school on December 1st.
Thank you for all that you do!
- We are now learning how to divide and use multiplication facts to help use divide.
- In science we are learning force and motion.
- Remember to practice your math facts!
- I am so proud of how much everyone has learned this far. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
In reading we are studying character traits. In each story we are reading, the characters face challenges and we are learning how these characters change due to these challenges.
In Social Studies we are learning about inventors and how they improved their communities.
Make sure you are reading at home and filling out the reading log to bring back every Tuesday. I am sending an extra reading log home so your child can read over Thanksgiving Break. Book it coupons will be passed out when we come back so make sure to bring back reading logs!
We have gotten an extension for our book that we are publishing so now there is more time to bring back the book publishing note.
Please remember to check class dojo for how your child is doing at school and messages that we are sending out.
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving Break!
4th Grade Virtual Learning
If your child needs to be quarantined at home, these are the learning platforms they will need to use for all virtual assignments:
Google Classroom with be used for attendance and for a link to the weekly Social Studies Newspapers. Individual usernames and passwords for Social Studies will be sent as needed via Dojo.
Students should know their usernames and passwords as they use IXL in the classroom, but we can send individual usernames and passwords via Dojo if needed.
Thelearningodyssey.com (referred to as Edgenuity, Pathblazer, or Odyssey)
Usernames are all first/last name with no space. Passwords are all Broncos2021. When logging on you will be asked for a school code which is MeadowISD
Students are practicing using these platforms in class, so in the event they need to stay home they should be familiar with all of them. We will also be giving students a list of usernames and passwords that they will keep in their purple folders.
Our primary method of communication is ClassDojo. All virtual assignments will be posted on Dojo daily/weekly.
If you have any questions, please contact us via Dojo.
Mrs. Bell & Mrs. McCormick
- Our spelling words this week are Contractions – test on Friday!
- We have finished going over our recent CBA (content-based assessment). The tests will be sent home today (Thursday).
- In Social Studies we are moving on in time to learn about The Trouble with Texas, The Mexican War of Independence and Stephen Austin.
- As always… Read, read, read – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you are initialing your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
- In Math we are continuing to learn about equivalent fractions but with unlike denominators. Keep practicing on home! An online Math game your child could practice with at home is "Prodigy" or "splashlearn.com".
- We are busy learning about forces in order to design our own descriptive investigation about the effect of force on an object. The students have had fun designing their own investigation about the effects of force on an object. We are testing magnetism, friction or gravity.
- Study multiplication facts every night.
- Remember to bring a water bottle and a clean mask EVERYDAY!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday. I hope you are able to spend it with family!
- Keep studying multiplication math facts. We are going to be doing fractions and we need multiplication math facts to be able to find the common denominator and simplify fractions.
- We hope you have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving!
- Spelling Test Friday!
- Bring clean masks and water bottles daily
- Read Read Read Read- we are getting behind
- Thank you for helping with the Turkey Disguises, they turned out great!
- Have a wonderful restful Thanksgiving Holiday 🙂
Buses will run @ 12:50
Our class winner was 1st grade with 100 cans!!
NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 27
Have a blessed holiday week!
See you on Tuesday December 1st!
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART
NOVEMBER LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.