GUNN HIGH SCHOOL COURSE SELECTION
2021-2022 COURSE SELECTION
2021-2022 COURSE SELECTION will run from FEBRUARY 3-28, 2021. Similar to last year, students will select courses through Infinite Campus. We encourage you to take advantage of this full window to research courses and make selections that are right for you!
The Gunn website has a "Course Selection for 2021-2022" page with everything you need to prepare.
When considering next year's class load, remember to pursue balance and allow time for your social life, course expectations, and extracurricular opportunities. Teachers and counselors are excellent resources to help you learn about course offerings as well as the most appropriate course placement.
1) All Course Selection materials are available through the Gunn website and Schoology. Everything you will need, including the 2021-2022 Course Catalog and step-by-step instruction guides, will be available online by February 3rd. Please use these resources to research and consider courses. Your grade level Course Selection Worksheet is a great place to start!
2) Once you have researched courses, login to INFINITE CAMPUS between February 3th-28th to complete the online course selection process.
3) Print a copy of your COURSE VERIFICATION WORKSHEET to keep for your records. This allows you to verify your selections should you ever need to in the future.
4) Complete a TIME MANAGEMENT WORKSHEET, AP/HONORS CONTRACT (if applicable), and GUNN ATHLETICS SELECTION FORM (if applicable). These forms will be located in Schoology in your "Counseling Course" and should be submitted electronically as Schoology assignments.
5) Parents and guardians, we hope you have the opportunity to journey through this process with your student providing input and support. This year, we are asking parents and guardians to complete a PARENT/GUARDIAN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM. This form will be made available to you in the coming weeks through email, and will be sent on multiple occasions.
COUNSELOR DROP-IN HOURS
Counselors will be available on the following days during lunch for students to stop by and ask course selection related questions. Zoom links will be made available through Schoology.
Ms. Bueno: February 10th, 17th, 24th
Mr. Chavez: February 8th, 17th, 22nd
Ms. Dickson: February 8th, 18th, 25th
Mr. Fidani: February 11th, 18th, 25th
Mr. Johanson: February 9th, 18th, 23rd
Mr. Leftwich: February 11th, 18th, 25th
Ms. Reyes: February 8th, 18th, 22nd
Ms. Ross: February 10th, 17th, 24th
2021-2022 COURSE CATALOG
When selecting courses, please include ALTERNATES.
Alternates serve as back-up courses if we are unable to enroll you in a first choice class. They also allow you flexibility to make adjustments to your course load in the future. Remember to input your alternates in ORDER OF PREFERENCE.
Keep in mind, we are only able to consider schedule changes for ERRORS and courses you selected as an ALTERNATE when the 2021-2022 school cycle begins