Brookside End Of Year Newsletter
Brookside Elementary School- May 2023
Upcoming Events & Information
- Wednesday, May 24th- All Town Orchestra Concert- (in the evening for orchestra families)
- Friday, May 26th- 8:45 AM Memorial Day Assembly- past & present military families, 3rd & 4th grade families, and 5th grade chorus families may attend
- Friday, May 26th- 5th Grade Field Trip to Shaw Farm
- Monday, May 29th- No School- Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 31st- Spring Concert 1:30 PM- Kindergarten- 2nd Grade students are singing in our Spring Concert. K, 1, 2 families are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, May 31st- 5:30- 7 PM- BES Art Show/Ice Cream Social- Each K-5 BES student will have a piece of artwork on display at the art show. We will also be scooping Shaw's Farm Ice Cream in the cafe for a sweet treat! Volunteers are need to make this happen- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0449AEAB23A5F49-artshowice
- Friday, June 2nd- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Shaw Farm- students will be walking to Shaw Farm. Please make sure your child has on proper footwear & wears sun protection. Rain Date of 5/5.
- Monday, June 5th- 1st Grade Animal Assembly!
- Monday, June 5th- BES PTO sponsored Carnival- each grade level will have about an hour and a half outside, where they will enjoy carnival treats and games. More information and Sign Up Genius for volunteers will be shared soon!
- Tuesday, June 6th- 5th Grade "Move Up Day" & Tie Dye Fun- 5th Graders will walk over to Richardson Middle School. They will meet the administration, teachers, get a tour of the school, and be able to ask questions. In the afternoon, 5th graders will tye dye t-shirts for field day. A few volunteers are needed for the tie die- please email Mrs. Fulton if interested.
- Tuesday, June 6th- Principal and VP for a Day Winner will take over! All submissions need to be in before the June 2nd drawing!
- Wednesday, June 7th- 4th Grade Field Trip to Shaw Farm- Please make sure your child has on proper footwear & wears sun protection.
- Thursday, June 8th- Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo- please look out for messaging from the K teachers for more information.
- Thursday, June 8th- Last Day of Preschool
- Friday, June 9th- Field Day (K-5)- students should wear their grade level color- to be announced this week.. bring plenty of water, a healthy snack, and sneakers! Volunteers are needed! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0449AEAB23A5F49-brookside28 5/12 raindate.
- Tuesday, June 13th- Last Day of Kindergarten/K Celebration- 10 AM- Kindergarten Families are invited to join us for a Kindergarten Celebration! This is also the last day of Kindergarten!
- Wednesday, June 14th- 5th Grade Moving On Ceremony 9:30 AM, BES Cafeteria- 5th grade families are invited to attend!
- Thursday, June 15th- 4th Grade Field Trip to Chunky's!- there is no outside food allowed. Please look at messaging from the 4th grade teachers.
- Friday, June 16th- Last Day of School- Early Release 11:20 AM- breakfast & lunch will be served!
Food Drive for Dracut Food Pantry
Monday, May 1st, 8:30am to Wednesday, May 31st, 3:30pm
1560 Lakeview Avenue
We are in charge of collecting non-perishable food items for the Dracut Food Pantry this month! Please send in any non-perishable items, which will be collected in the lobby!
5th Grade Events/Notes
- The PTO is working on the 5th Grade Yearbook! Please email the email@example.com with questions or pictures!
- The 5th Grade Moving On Ceremony is Wednesday, June 14th at 9:30 AM. It will be inside the BES Cafe. All BES families and their guests are welcome. There will be light refreshments after.
- 5th Graders will be walking to Shaw Farm on May 26th. Please be sure to return your child's permission form.
- 5th Grade Math MCAS is next Wednesday and Thursday (then 5th graders will be done)
- 5th Graders will spend the morning on Tuesday, June 6th at Richardson Middle School. They will meet admin, teachers, and get a tour. In the afternoon, they will tye dye their 5th grade shirts back at BES
... MORE TO COME!