Zilker Library: September 2015
Greetings from the Zilker Library!
If I haven't met you yet, please feel free to stop by the library before or after school and introduce yourself. I am looking for volunteers in the library, too! Have some time to donate? Sign up on our Volunteer Spot calendar HERE! All you need is an email address.
Find the library on Twitter (@ZilkerLibrary) or on Facebook (facebook.com/ZilkerLibrary) for updates, pictures, information and more!
- Pre-K and PPCD: Weekly visit for 15 minutes. Beginning the 2nd 9 weeks, students may check out books every other week (books will remain in classroom)
- Kindergarten through 4th grade: Weekly visit for 40 minutes, lesson and/or activity combined with checkout
- 5th grade: Bi-weekly visits for 45 minutes on Mondays, lesson and/or activity combined with checkout
*Please check with your child's teacher(s) to find out their specific library day and time.
This month in the library we are...
- First visits by all classes the 2nd and 3rd weeks of school
- Scavenger hunts to learn more about the library procedures
- Introduction to the "Book Hospital"
- Celebrating International Dot Day (based on the book The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds), look for pictures in next month's newsletter
- Finding "Good Fit Books"
- Discovering the 2015-2016 Bluebonnet books
5th graders searching for answers to questions during the library orientation scavenger hunt.
Pre-K through 2nd grade students are being introduced to the Book Hospital and discussing book care.
The 2015-2016 Bluebonnet Books are on display outside the library, along with the "Meet Mrs. Sharp" board.
Hop, Jump, Fly, Swim, Crawl
Here are the clues for September's animal:
- It is oviparous (lays eggs to be hatched outside of the mother)
- It is mostly active during the night
- It can usually live up to 12 years in captivity
Meet "Sol", the...
Fire Bellied Toad! He'll be in the library until September 22nd!
Friends of the Zilker Library- Donor Program
- purchase new books (specifically fiction titles this year)
- fund iPads for the library
- pay for the subscription of PebbleGo, a fantastic, kid-friendly online resource
- increased the amount of E-books, including a subscription to Overdrive