Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
Monday is "Day 5" for Encore
*No School Wednesday, November 11th*
Lifework-November 9-13, 2015
- Monday: Read & log 10 minutes, Math paper
- Tuesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read 10 minutes each night
Spelling Words-test 11/13/15
CVCe Syllable Patterns
By Walter De La Mere
Someone came knocking at my wee small door.
Someone came knocking; I’m sure, sure, sure.
I listened, I opened, I looked to left and right,
But naught there was a stirring in the still dark night.
Only the busy beetle, tap, tapping in the wall,
Only from the forest, the hoot owl’s call,
Only the cricket whistling while the dewdrops fall,
So I know not who came knocking, at all, at all, at all.
- 11/9-PTO Meeting @ 7:00p.m.
- 11/10-Report Cards Sent Home-please return the orange folder to school
- 11/10-Bedtime Story Night @ 7:00p.m.
- 11/11-No School-Holiday
- 11/18-Picture Retakes
- 11/19-Music Concert @ 7:00p.m.
Go to www.ybpay.lifetouch.com. The school Code: 10467416
Yearbooks will be available online for $16.00 the entire month of November. The cost will jump to $20.00 for all other sales.
For an additional cost, you can add upgrades to your child’s yearbook.
- Additional Autograph Page $1.00
- Current Events Insert $3.00
- Yearbook Stickys (removable stickers) $2.00 Gold Foil Name on Cover $5.00
Please contact Mrs. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Picture Day-Make Up
The make-up day for individual student pictures is Wednesday, November 18. Students wishing to have their picture retaken or taken for the first time must have their original portrait package or a payment envelope in hand when they come to the camera.
Orders can also be placed online at mylifetouch.com using the Retake Picture Day ID: HJ255173Q1. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Lahann email@example.com.
What: Grade 1-2 music concert. This concert series will be in honor of our fallen PWC police officers.
When: November 19, 2015. Grade 1 begins singing at 7:00pm. Grade 2 begins at 7:30pm. Second graders should meet their teachers in the classroom between 6:50-7:00p.m. If you arrive early, students must stay with you in the dining hall until 6:50p.m. This is a special night and we encourage all family members to come. Siblings must stay with parents.
Attire: Students may wear their nicest school uniform or a fancy outfit-no play clothes! Please avoid high heels as they can be dangerous while on the chorus riser steps.
Songs: The concert songs are posted on the ES MUSIC schoolfusion web page. You are welcome to download these recordings for the children to practice at home.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music