September 3, 2019
Congratulations to Katie Powell, the Newest Dave Burgess Publishing Author!
It's the Month of Our Conference!
Only a few short weeks until our annual conference! While numerous conferences charge hundreds of dollars, IMLEA members can register now for under $150/person. There are price breaks for teams of 4, 6, or 20 more more. This fee includes breakfast, lunch, two keynotes, and five different breakout session time slots!
You may register your staff members and make hotel reservations (an increase of only $3 from last year. You can register now and submit names of attendees later. There is still a price break if you register by September 15.
Some additional resources recommended by teacher librarians include
- Everfi's digital literacy resources (Kaley Esselborn will also be presenting and exhibiting at our conference),
- Netsmartz (some of their resources are being updated)
- Google Applied Digital Skills
- Nearpod in conjunction with Common Sense (for those with paid subscription)
- The game Factitious
- This outstanding wiki of Grades 6-8 ideas from Kelly Ray of Baltimore County Public Schools
- Canada's MediaSmarts site (including the game Data Defenders)
- Bad News Junior game
- Everyday DigCit, an app with Questions & Talking Points, created by Nancy Watson
Share what you are doing through #INDigCitWeek
Another Great Article from Phyllis Fagel: Five ways parents can help their kids transition smoothly to middle school
Is Your School Participating in the Global Read Aloud? (#GRA19)
This week's INSPIRE3 update below includes
- New Snapshots of Service-Learning Stories from Indiana schools found HERE
- INSPIRE3 Mini-Grants available for 2019-2020 school year. Click here for requirements
- New LTG TeachOne Back to School lesson/project –K-12 – Words Bring Peace lesson/calming kits
- Start to plan your September service-learning through Sept. 11 Day of Service and Remembrance, Grandparents Day, and Citizenship/Constitution Day!
- LTG Sustainable Development Goals and Youth Action mini-course – online, no cost
- INSPIRE3 contact information for free on site PD or interest in area workshop
- New INSPIRE3 page on IASP website found under “About” http://www.iasp.org/about-iasp/inspire3/
- Resources and links to support Employability Skills – Grad Pathways support
September 4: Free WWII Webinar, 7 pm ET (sign up in advance)
September 5: DOE Sailing Toward Proficiency Conference, Indianapolis Hyatt; IMLEA will be there as a DOE Technical Assistance Partner (TAP)
September 9-13: Indiana Digital Citizenship Week
September 10: Free ASCD Webinar: "Rise to the Challenge: Designing Rigorous Learning That Maximizes Student Success", 3 pm ET
September 11: Day of Service and Remembrance
September 12: #ntchat (Twitter for New Teachers), 8 pm ET
September 17: Constitution Day
September 19: Free live webinar with John Hattie, 6:30 ET
September 21: Smithsonian Free Museum Day (Use link to obtain ticket)
September 29-30, 2019: IMLEA Conference, Indianapolis Marriott North