Altamonte Elementary PTA
Happy Fall, AES!
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for some cooler temps to appreciate these pumpkins, festivals and holiday decorations.
It is hard to believe the first quarter of the school year is ending. Thank you to the teachers, staff, parents, families and students for kicking the school year off strong.
We are wrapping up the first fall fundraiser, which really sets the year for supporting families this year.
Did you know our overall purpose of the PTA at AES is to engage and empower families and communities to advocate for all children? As an educator for nearly 20 years, I truly believe in the work of the PTA. I know our schedules are busy, sometimes my husband and kids even ask me, “Are you doing something for PTA again?” but I want you to know our PTA Board is dedicated to support ALL students and families at AES. However, we cannot do this alone.
Will you consider joining the AES PTA? Membership costs $5 per person.
BOX TOPS – Clip and Bring In!
The easiest way you can support our school is by clipping box tops. October and May are the months we submit box tops, so bring your stash in!
- BUY: Find Box Tops on hundreds of products.
- CLIP Clip Box Tops from each package.
- SEND: Send the Box Tops to AES in a baggie or on a collection sheet and drop off at the front office for the PTA box.
- EARN: Box Tops are each worth 10¢ for your school.
November Spirit Night - Duffy's, Nov. 16
Enjoy a night out with good food and sports watching at Duffy's Sports Grill in Altamonte Springs 4:00 - 9:00 pm. Tell them you are there for Altamonte Elementary Spirit night and a percentage of your bill goes to AES. Cheers!
HEROES AROUND ME - Reflections Art Competition
This annual arts competition encourages artistic creativity in the classroom. This year’s theme is “Heroes Around Me.” AES students can participate by exploring this theme through six categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Music Competition, Literature, Film Production, Dance, and Choreography. It’s FREE to enter. Your child will be recognized at AES with a certificate and prize and has the opportunity to be recognized at county, state, and national levels. Learn more and get your child creating.
Thank you for supporting the PTA Fall Fundraiser!
Goal for Fundraiser Sales: $9,242.95
Actual Fundraiser Sales: $10,093.00
AES Earns 40 % of total sales.
Top 3 Selling Items:
#1: Pecan Caramel Clusters (29 sold)
#2: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (27 sold)
#3: Kitchen Scissors & Cutting Board (26 sold)
Congratulations to the Top 5 Sellers:
#1: Juliana Brown
#2: Caleb Crutchfield
#3: Kayden Brown
#4: Dillon Conway
#5: Lamar Diaz
Where will the funds go?
The AES PTA budget includes paying for program costs (All Pro Dad (Monthly), Pro Kids Show & Family Nights (coming to AES Jan. 2019), Reflections Art Contest, Student Recognition, Fifth Grade Party, Teacher/Staff Appreciation and other special projects.
You can attend the PTA General Meetings to discuss the budget and share ideas to engage students and families!
School Store - Open Fridays
PTA School Store is open in the rotunda in front of the office. Small items can be purchased using cash, with prices ranging from $.25-$2.00.
All proceeds support PTA activities - School Donations, Teacher Appreciation, All-Pro Dad, Family Nights, and more.
5th Grade Party
When: Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria
Who: All 5th-grade parents (please no kids so we can keep it a surprise!)
RSVP: Tiffany Dowling firstname.lastname@example.org
Needed: "Fun size" candy donations sent in a bag labeled "5th-grade party donation.” No holiday themes on packaging, please. Donations are due by Dec. 7.
Volunteer and Make a Difference
AES Volunteer: Chaperone a field trip, plan a class party, assist a teacher with a class, help with a book fair....the list goes on. AES is always looking for help. Contact Ken Lewis for more details at email@example.com.
Are you a registered SCPS Dividend? You have to be registered with Seminole County Schools to participate in any volunteer program on campus. Learn more and register now.
PTA Board: The PTA's purpose is to support AES with rewards, resources, and support. It takes a village. We are not stay-at-home moms. Most of us are working parents, so join the tribe. There are still some PTA Board Positions Open:
- PTA Vice President/Ways and Means: This position involves raising money for students and for the school. Responsible for the fundraising of the PTA and lead a Fundraising committee. Must be good with funds accountability. We already finished our fall fundraiser, so half of the work is already done. We are scheduled to have another fundraiser in Feb/March.
- Hospitality: Do you like to plan and/or organize events? This position helps to organize ways to recognize and support AES Teachers/Staff a minimum of four times per year (Back to School, Winter, Spring and Teacher Appreciation Week). We already have several parents that want to help, can you take the lead?
- Recording Secretary: Do you have a talent for taking notes? Do you pay close attention to details? We are looking for someone that can record minutes at the board meetings. We meet the first Monday night of each month from 6-7 pm in the AES Media Center.
- Grant Writing: There are several grant opportunities available to help earn our school money and provide resources for programs. Do you have some time to help take this on?
- School Spirit Merchandise: Support our t-shirt and merchandise plan with admin support and promotions. Help us look at other ways to build school spirit while supporting our fundraising efforts.
Contact Kelley Zulueta at 321-356-4470 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make a difference and make new friends! Learn more about the volunteer opportunities available on the PTA website.
10/25 Thur Report Cards sent home
10/26 Fri All Pro Dad Day, 7:45-8:25 am, Media Center
10/26 Fri Leadership/ Hat Day ($2 cash)
10/31 Wed Read-O-Ween11/5 Mon SAC Meeting, 5-6 pm, Media Center
11/5-9 M-F Book Fair, 8:15 am-2:15 pm, Media Center
11/6 Tues Veteran's Day Performance, 8:50 am, 3rd and 4th grades
11/8 Thur Veteran’s Day Performance, 8:50 am, 1st and 5th grades
11/8 Thur Curriculum Night, 4th & 5th grades 6-7:30 PM
11/16 Fri Spirit Night: Duffy’s Sports Grill, 4-9 pm