Exploring Assistive Technology
Zoom in the Classroom
- Students in Kindergarten can use this simple zoom feature without conflict. A simple three finger touch makes the screen adjust.
- Students with visual impairments are able to see information close up.
- Teachers will be able to upload documents that can be zoomed in on rather than resizing them on xerox machines.
- Students are able to use zoom for standardized testing and this will give them practice.
- All students can use this to zoom in on text for close reading.
- Everyone can benefit from zoom, when text or images are too small they can be made bigger with a simple touch.
Watch and Learn! How to Zoom!
- Click the settings icon.
- Click the general tab on the left side.
- Scroll down to accessability and click.
- Click on zoom under vision and press on.
- Now use three fingers to double tap and the screen will zoom in.
- If you tap three fingers once in zoom the screen will go back to original size.
iPadRich. (2013, July 12). How to Zoom in with Your iPad-Make the Screen Bigger. [video file] Retrieved from https://youtu.be/irKt9ZP5AFw.
OSX. Designed With Your Abilities in Mind. (n.d.). Apple Accessibility. Retrieved from http://www.apple.com/accessibility/osx/#motor-skills.
OS X El Capitan: Zoom options in Accessibility preferences. (n/d). Apple Accessibility. Retrieved from https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21496?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US.