WSA Randall Weekly Newsletter
September 17, 2021
Blessings in a Backpack
We could also use volunteers to help prepare and deliver bags on Friday mornings. If you would be interested and available Friday mornings (approx 9 am to 10:30 am), please contact Mrs. Johnston in the office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
more details about School District of Waukesha Attendance policies, reporting absences and brief explanations of notifications that all district students receive.
- All student absences, including late arrivals, early departures, or leaving and returning from appointments, must be reported through the Safe Arrival system. Click here if you are new to the system.
- Parents may excuse up to 10 (combined) absences per year without medical documentation. This includes excused absences for vacations, illness, funeral, etc. More than 10 without medical documentation are marked as truant. Families will receive a Medical Warning letter when students are excused by parent after 5 (combined) days of school. After 10 (combined) absences excused by parents, families will receive an Excessive Absence/Medical Excuse Required letter.
- For any medical appointments, or illnesses where your child sees a provider, submit documentation from that provider. Can be via email, fax, or paper turned in to the office. Medically excused absences do not count toward the 5 or 10 that require letters.
- Classes begin at 7:55 am. Families will receive a Tardy Notification letter when a student is tardy 10 or more times in a school year.
- For pre-planned absences of more than two days, please submit this form (click link) prior to the start of the absence. You do not need to enter these into Safe Arrival. Submitting this form does not exempt the absences from counting toward the 10 that parents may excuse.
- If you choose to self-quarantine your student after a COVID exposure, or if your student tests positive for COVID, please contact Mrs. Williams at email@example.com so we can document those absences appropriately.
Pick Up Time Reminder
Clarification on Free Lunch Limits
We also do recommend that if you qualify for Free and Reduced lunch that you still apply, as this may qualify you for additional assistance and will ensure your students lunches are still covered when school starts next year. Click here for the application page.
Health Room Headlines
It is that time of year again my friends - fall in Wisconsin! The weather can't make up its mind. The allergens are in full attack mode. The kiddos are back in school. And many people are catching some sort of cold / virus. Just a friendly reminder that we are still doing our utmost to keep your kiddos healthy and safe while they are in our care here at STEM. Washing and sanitizing hands, cleaning work areas, and sanitizing supplies are all a part of daily life. I encourage them to keep up these same healthy habits at home as well! During cold and flu season, you may want to follow up with your provider for their recommendations on ways to boost your child's immune system, because unlike Pokemon - WE DON'T HAVE TO CATCH 'EM ALL!!
Fall Event Interest Survey- Only ONE Question!
Girl Scout Ice Cream Social
Paying Fees in Infinite Campus
Students choose from the Elementary Lunch Menu. If dietary restrictions require items from the Elementary Veggie Lunch Menu, you must pre-order with the office a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
Click here to see PeachJar flyers (Extra-Curricular Offerings throughout our District)
If you are strugging, our School District has many resources available to help. Click here to see what is available.