Yeager Addresses Parents
Back to School Edition
14th - 17th
- 8:00am - 3:00pm New Student Registration in the Yeager gym
- 9:30am - 10:30am Pre-K and Kindergarten Ice Cream Social in the Yeager Cafeteria
- 8:00am - 11:00am Yellowjacket Express in the Cafeteria
- 8:30am - 9:00am Meet Your Teacher for students with last names starting in A-L
- 9:30am - 10:00am Meet Your Teacher for students with last names starting in M-Z
Please do not park at the business across the street for Meet Your Teacher (or any school events). They have notified us that they will tow Yeager vehicles. Please do not park in the fire lane or the median on Champions Forest Drive. Overflow parking is available at John Wesley United Methodist Church.
- First Day of School
Important First Day of School Information
We will have staff members and volunteers assisting students to their classrooms, etc.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Continued Enrollment Procedures
Apartment and Residential Leases- Current leases must be kept on file for each student for continued enrollment. If your lease has or will expire before the start of the 2018-2019 school year, a current lease will be needed.
All students on a Verification of Address Affidavit will need to renew the affidavit. The affidavit is to establish residency for a student who is living with a parent/guardian in a residence that they are not owning/renting. Form must be submitted along with the homeowner's copy of photo ID, current light, gas or water bill along with lease or homeowner verification such as HCAD records or mortgage statements. The second part the parent must provide 3 documents with the correct address and their name as proof of residence.
Failure to have current, up to date residential documents will result your child not receiving a homeroom assignment and/or starting school on the first day of the 2018-19 school year.
Paperwork may be dropped off during the following days and times:
Tuesday-Friday August 14th-17th 8am -3pm
For questions about your residence paperwork, you may contact the registrar, Mercy Noriega at 281)587-7508 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you pre-ordered school supplies from PTO, they will be delivered to your child's classroom.
A limited number of school supplies will be available at Yellow Jacket Express.
New Student Registration - August 14 -17 - 8:00am - 3:00pm - Yeager Gym
To register, parents must provide the school with the following items:
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics (see City of Houston Bureau of Vital Statistics to obtain a birth certificate if born in the city of Houston)
- Current immunization record
- Proof of residency- a current electric, gas, or water bill and a lease agreement/ (homeowner) Verification in the form of HCAD records or mortgage statement
- Social security card for each child, if available.
- Photo ID of parent or guardian
Pre-K and Kindergarten Ice Cream Social (Round Up)
Come meet new friends, learn important information about the first days of school and even practice riding the school bus in the parking lot!
Parents can get great pictures of students getting on and off the school bus and with our mascot, Buzz!
PTO will also be selling school supplies, spirit items, etc.
Friday, August 24th - Yellowjacket Express and Meet the Teacher
Families should receive a phone call from their homeroom teacher. We will not be posting homeroom assignments this school year. If for some reason you do not receive a call, staff members will have a list on meet the teacher day to inform you who is the assigned teacher.
Yellowjacket Express (8:00am - 11:00am in the cafeteria)
- Purchase school supplies (limited supply)
- Purchase spirit shirts
- Purchase yearbooks
- Transportation Information (Bus Numbers, Bus Stops, etc.)
- Car Rider Tags
- Cafeteria Information
- Add Money to Breakfast/Lunch Account
- Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch
- Join PTO
CASH or CREDIT Only. No Checks please.
Meet the Teacher (Students and Parents)
- Students with last names starting in A-L should come between 8:30am-9:00am.
- Students with last names starting in M-Z should come between 9:30am - 10:00am.
Meet your child's new teacher, sign up for school communication, gather and share important information about the first days of school, etc.
Spirit Shirts $15
Our Back to School night in September not only includes meeting with the teachers and discussing curriculum items but but there is an auction to help raise money for the school and we need your help!
Everyone will have an opportunity to bid on items including grade level activities and a silent auction! This is a huge part of the fundraising efforts, so we are asking for donations to make the bidding more exciting! Please be thinking or gathering items that you can donate.
You can donate in a variety of ways such as....
* tickets to sporting events
* movie tickets
* gift cards
* car wash certificates
* decorative items
Service items such as:
Activities such as:
* Indoor trampoline
* mini golf
* obstacle courses
These are just a few samples of items that could be donated but you may donate in any way. All donations, big and small, will be appreciated!
For more questions, you may email email@example.com
School Messenger Sign Up
The directions for adding text messages to your School Messenger account are in the link below. All parents need to update their School Messenger Information to continue receiving texts, phone messages, and emails.